Author Topic: Garrys Mod Graphic Problems  (Read 6118 times)

I got Garrys Mod two days ago. I've been having lots of graphics problems, yes I have restarted gmod. Its been happening since I got it. Some parts or a model are al black. But when I have my light on them I can see the textures. It's almost as if shadings messed up. I have pictures with me shining the flashlight at somthing and when i'm not.

Please list what graphics processor is in your computer.

1. Click "Start" then "run" (Or in Windows Vista/7, click the search bar)
2. Type in "dxdiag" without quotations and press Enter.
3. It may ask you for it to check if the drivers on your computer are digitally signed. Click "no" to skip the process.
4. There will be a page listing your computer specifications.
5. In the tabs above, click the "display" tab and paste what type of processor it says you have.

Have you tried restarting your computer?
Thats what i did whenever my textures got messed up and it fixed

I have a Directx v9.0

can your graphics card support DX9?

This started happening to me but it didn't before. :c

Imma re-instal gmod.

I restarted my computer and it didnt work. Also I know it can support DX9 becuase I also have a crappy laptop I played on first that had a terrible graphics card worst then the one i'm on now and I didnt have this problem.

I have a Directx v9.0

That isn't your graphics card, that is showing that your computer supports DirectX 9

This is an example of what it looks like:

I'm betting he has an onboard graphics chip.

Its an Intel 82945g Express Chipset Family

Anyways I'm reinstalling gmod right now to see if it will work.

This is an example of what it looks like:

Since when is there a 2 gig model of the 460GTX?

I'm betting he has an onboard graphics chip.

Pphh, it's really not that bad. My laptop runs Gmod very well for an onboard graphics card.

On Topic:
It appears to be a lighting glitch. Go into options and set your shader quality to low. Tell me if that works.

Since when is there a 2 gig model of the 460GTX?

My 9800GT says it is a 2.2 gig, but I think that it shares it with the amount of RAM you have. Like say you have 4 GB of RAM, it would share the RAM that is not in use I guess with the graphics card. That is my guess.

Pphh, it's really not that bad. My laptop runs Gmod very well for an onboard graphics card.

On Topic:
It appears to be a lighting glitch. Go into options and set your shader quality to low. Tell me if that works.
It doesnt work.

It doesnt work.

Your graphics processor simply isn't fit for playing Garry's Mod, it isn't powerful enough.

You need to purchase either A) a better computer or B) a better graphics processor