Author Topic: Garrys Mod Graphic Problems  (Read 6126 times)

Since when is there a 2 gig model of the 460GTX?
Since awhile.

Can you guys please go back to the topic.

Re-installing for me didn't work. Plus, this didn't use to happen and it's only with SOME models. I'm pretty sure this means it's not my computers problem rather than gmod's.

Can you guys please go back to the topic.

Your graphics processor simply isn't fit for playing Garry's Mod, it isn't powerful enough.

You need to purchase either A) a better computer or B) a better graphics processor

There's your answer.

Then how the heck does Team Fortress 2 graphics run better than Garrys Mod. Its not my computer, it's Garry's Mod. Like I said a laptop with a terrible graphics card worst than my homes runs it with perfect graphics, I don't choose to play on it becuase I can't spawn many rag dolls like I can on my home.

Nope.
My 250 GTS says it's over 2gb.

Yeah, it's just shared RAM.
My GTS 250 has a total (shared/not) of 2250 MB.

Heres my settings if this will help.

Edit: I asked some poeple in a server and they said its becuase my source mod is Team Fortress 2 and I don't own Half Life 2. Anybody know if thats true?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 12:33:31 PM by _Dark_ »

You still haven't told us what your graphics processor is. We need to know in order to help you.

Heres my settings if this will help.

Edit: I asked some poeple in a server and they said its becuase my source mod is Team Fortress 2 and I don't own Half Life 2. Anybody know if thats true?

That's not true.
When you download Garry's Mod, even if you don't own Half - Life 2, You still get all the content from it downloaded. It really doesn't matter, so long as you have 1 more game.

I had similar problems while trying to run Penumbra. I just set the shader lettings to low, or medium, to fix it.
If you want this fixed, just set the launch options to
-dxlevel 81
Then you can re-set the resolution or whatever then take that off.

EDIT:
Waita minute! What's that you have there scribbled out in the corner!?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 01:59:03 PM by steve5451 »

I don't see anything scribbled out in a corner :/

That's not true.
When you download Garry's Mod, even if you don't own Half - Life 2, You still get all the content from it downloaded. It really doesn't matter, so long as you have 1 more game.

I had similar problems while trying to run Penumbra. I just set the shader lettings to low, or medium, to fix it.
If you want this fixed, just set the launch options to
-dxlevel 81
Then you can re-set the resolution or whatever then take that off.

EDIT:
A folder that says my name on it. I don't want to reveal my real name. Anyways thanks i'll try.

Edit: Thank you very much it worked!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 02:23:45 PM by _Dark_ »