Beta 'Blocko-lego' brick textures / other lego models

Author Topic: Beta 'Blocko-lego' brick textures / other lego models  (Read 6273 times)

I've bought retail after trying the demo and was rather impressed. I was looking at some beta screens and there was lego style brick top's with the circles rather than tiles like we have in retail, I can understand it's different due to copyright reasons. But is there a way to get that back into the retail version. I found the topbrick texture in a thread but it was only white, and non colorable ingame.

Anyone have some lego style textures for the retail bricks.

Also is there anyway I can get the really small lego bricks like in real life.

Like these:
http://www.worth1000.com/entries/228000/228387CHjG_w.jpg

They make intricate designs easier , but they're not ingame sadly.

One last thing, are there any special models about, such as lego money,chairs, tables, trees and other stuff you'd see in a typical lego set. I'm working on a building and making furniture out of thick blocks has alot to be desired

The old LEGO textures are kindof dull. I find the new textures a refreshing change of pace.

dont put lego back in blockland, they are different now! btw different is good

Anyone remember this?

It'd be neat if the 3D effect was added for the new beveled bricks.

I'm pretty sure 1x2 and 1x1 bricks are, like, the first bricks in the "Bricks" menu as you open it...?

You could make a brick that is just the "Bumps" for the current style, i guess, and just put that over the ones you'd like to have bumps.

The bumps wouldn't make it possible to build with 36 thousand bricks yet not lag, also since they are round, that adds A LOT more faces for you to render.
the bricks we use now in retail only have 4.

âstrô

12 faces then? XD

The bumps wouldn't make it possible to build with 36 thousand bricks yet not lag, also since they are round, that adds A LOT more faces for you to render.
the bricks we use now in retail only have 4.
I'm talking about the bumps as their own brick that you place on top of bricks for looks.  Just the bricks you want you place the bump brick on.

well why don't use the Blocko idea and just make the bricks huge?...
Siriously though, yeah I ment 6, my bad.

my opinion, if you want bricks that look like legs, just wait until the lego mmo
http://www.blockland.us/smf/index.php?topic=13763.0

âstrô

first useful post here:  :cookieMonster:
these peg textures have been made by mocheeze,
i think he even stated that in the beta screenie thread. :P
« Last Edit: March 16, 2007, 03:08:48 PM by âstrô »