Author Topic: Map not showing up on map list.  (Read 5887 times)

I know I packaged my map right. Yet it still won't show up. I have the nameCheck and the description files. I also have the TER and MIS files.  Anybody know why it ist showing up.

Make sure you have done all things covered in my tutorial. From your post it seems you may have forgotten to change the map's name and save name.

Make sure you have done all things covered in my tutorial. From your post it seems you may have forgotten to change the map's name and save name.
I forgot to add I changed it. I have done everything.

If you have done all of the steps outlined in my tutorial, the map should appear. Otherwise, nothing can be done to solve this problem.

Upload the map file and we'll fix.

Upload the map file and we'll fix.

/agree

I don't see how there can be any problems as long as you read the packaging section of my tutorial thoroughly :/
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 01:48:25 AM by Wesley Williams »

Make sure you packaged it into ZIP Archive. Not Reguler Zip.

Make sure you packaged it into ZIP Archive. Not Reguler Zip.

I don't know what the crap this ZIP Archive is all about. I looked and I definitely do not have the option. I can either send it to a Compressed (Zipped) Folder, or 7-zip and add it to "name".zip

Both options work perfectly fine. Are you using a PC? I'm going through Windows 7.

I don't know what the crap this ZIP Archive is all about. I looked and I definitely do not have the option. I can either send it to a Compressed (Zipped) Folder, or 7-zip and add it to "name".zip

Both options work perfectly fine. Are you using a PC? I'm going through Windows 7.

-snip-

Ahh, as I expected. You have Windows XP, and I Windows 7. Windows 7 only allows one form of zip.

Will post screenshots if I get back to my computer soon... on an iPod.

Ahh, as I expected. You have Windows XP, and I Windows 7. Windows 7 only allows one form of zip.

Will post screenshots if I get back to my computer soon... on an iPod.

I think the problem is that he has WinRAR. I only used WinRAR for like a week, then I got Winzip.

I think the problem is that he has WinRAR. I only used WinRAR for like a week, then I got Winzip.

Could be that, too. I have normal zip and Winzip... although I'm pretty sure Winzip isn't necessary with Windows 7, as I already have a regular zipping and extracting tool?

SO HOW THE HELL DO YOU GET MAPS?!?!?!?!

SO HOW THE HELL DO YOU GET MAPS?!?!?!?!
You've asked that question three times already. Go to the Maps section and look at the topic ► How to install maps .