Author Topic: Map not showing up on map list.  (Read 5839 times)

Ostinyo needs to add this to his tutorial...

Open up the .mis file.  Look at the field that says mission name.  Change it to whatever name you want to see on the map list.  The mission name field should be near the top.

If it still doesn't work find a large heavy hammer and vent all of your anger out on the most expensive thing you can find.  ;)

Before I forget, use notepad to edit he mis file.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 03:19:46 AM by Dglider »

Open up the .mis file.  Look at the field that says mission name.  Change it to whatever name you want to see on the map list.  The mission name field should be near the top.

True. I'll add in messing with the .mis file for broken maps. This problem also comes up with bricks and other scriptobjects and can break maps (I've experienced this twice, and it even killed an old map of mine).

True. I'll add in messing with the .mis file for broken maps. This problem also comes up with bricks and other scriptobjects and can break maps (I've experienced this twice, and it even killed an old map of mine).
Perhaps you should also add a list of things not to do while working on a map?
- dont build anything
- disable all addons
- run in single player only
- anything else??

Turn off IRC.

If someone PMs you while you're working, and you answer, it creates an unused script object within the map.

Turn off IRC.

If someone PMs you while you're working, and you answer, it creates an unused script object within the map.

I didn't know that. Who knows, ME is stupid.

- disable all addons
- run in single player only

That is suggested but not necessary.

I didn't know that.

You should try it the next time you use the mission editor.

You should try it the next time you use the mission editor.

More like look at some of the maps Ive made while using IRC.