Author Topic: Can someone explain what a dual core processor is?  (Read 1573 times)

basically a dual core processor is working twice as fast as a single core processor, it's kind of standard anyway.

Having multiple proccessors increases speed for one screen and/or allows you to support the number of screens which matches that of the proccessors present.
Yus. Also I think it allows you to have dual screens.

I died a little on the inside from reading these. What incredibly misinformed people.

I died a little on the inside from reading these. What incredibly misinformed people.
Hexacores can have 6 screens :cookieMonster:

The worst part is, there's millions more people out there that really think that how many cores your processor has controls how many screens you have.

My computer only has a dual-core processor, it can only have 2 screens :(

As everyone else with half a brain said. The first page is pretty much completely incorrect.

Don't think of it as doubling it. The technology that goes into a processor defines the performance. Processors don't relate at all to monitors or Visual Processing.

And yes, it will work fine if your dual-core is running at 2.8Ghz

Having multiple proccessors increases speed for one screen and/or allows you to support the number of screens which matches that of the proccessors present.

Lol, my first computer was a 1.6 GHz Single Core, and I could use two 19 inch monitors with no problem.
It's your graphics card that matters.

intel i7 has 8 screens?  :cookieMonster:
LOL!!

intel i7 has 8 screens?  :cookieMonster:
LOL!!

k that joke is old now
go away

My mother believes that the monitors are the actual computer; when I told her I intended to upgrade she demanded to know why I needed a new machine when I already had 3 computers. Needless to say, it's the only time I've really ever regretted having so many screens.

Another fun fact is that my parent's computer is in most ways superior to my own. My father asked me to spec out a build and he ended up getting the i5 750. I'm sadly still stuck on an old Core 2 Duo E6850.

My mother believes that the monitors are the actual computer; when I told her I intended to upgrade she demanded to know why I needed a new machine when I already had 3 computers. Needless to say, it's the only time I've really ever regretted having so many screens.

Another fun fact is that my parent's computer is in most ways superior to my own. My father asked me to spec out a build and he ended up getting the i5 750. I'm sadly still stuck on an old Core 2 Duo E6850.

I'm stuck on a Core 2 Duo E7400, it works fine for me.

I actually have the most powerful PC in my family, even my older brother's PC (built 2005-2006) has a single-core AMD processor.

i hav a intel windows vista lole

i hav a intel windows vista lole

YOU'RE a Windows Vista.

>:o

Aaaaaaaaa