Author Topic: QuArK Error: Unable to find texture?  (Read 7054 times)

i tried it and it didnt work, SON OF A BITCH!! IM SO PISSED OFF!

Are all of your textures 256x256 or 512x512 jpg files?

umm....i dunno, im using the concrete and null textures in my interiors folder

If they aren't in .dif format, I'm not sure whats wrong. If they keep exporting as .dv files, I'm not sure how to get them to export as .dif files. I've never had the problem before.

You are taking both the interior and the texture out of the tmpQuArK folder and putting them in .../fps/data/interiors, right?

well in my interiors folder it shows that the maps that came with the game are in .DV fromat.

If they aren't in .dif format, I'm not sure whats wrong. If they keep exporting as .dv files, I'm not sure how to get them to export as .dif files. I've never had the problem before.

You are taking both the interior and the texture out of the tmpQuArK folder and putting them in .../fps/data/interiors, right?

oh, lol im putting it in base/data/interiors and im trying to make maps for retail.

base/data/interiors is the right folder for retail. The one I posted was for Vanilla Blockland.

im putting it in there but its not showing up in the map selector thing when im starting a server

Oh, that isn't how you spawn an interior.

Load slopes, press F11, press F4, click the + sign until you find your interior, and then click it. Press Alt+L to relight the interior and move it around by clicking it and dragging.

thanks!, now i can make my own maps!! W00T!, thanks again wedge.

I really need to update that tutorial. I'll update it today.

ok thanks for all the help wedge, but there is only one more thing i need help with, i modeled something in milkshape and exported it as a .map file, i imported it into QuArK and texture it, and when i try to make it build a .DIF it says "Brushes cannot be aplyed to game entries" or something like that, please help!

I'm not sure what is going on there, since the only programs I've modeled in are Quark and Hammer.