Author Topic: Miga's IRC Chat | IDLE-AN GAEMSZ  (Read 3564 times)

Current IRC event: IDLE IDLE IDLE IDLE IDLE IDLE IDLE IDLE it's what IRC is abouttttt

So you're probably thinking to yourself "you know, it would be absolutely awesome if I could get ahold of Miga/others at any time and talk to them whenever!"

If not, well, you should be.

Anyway, this is more of an experiment than a full-fledged thing, just to see if anybody would actually be interested in using IRC instead of something like MSN or deviantART, mainly because I'm on IRC 24/7. It's not really meant to be a full-fledged chat where people are talking all the time, more so for people who want to be able to be contacted by others (or contact others).

So yes, if you're interested in making one giant chatroom where everybody can talk and all that, feel free to join.

I'm planning on getting a bot in there if enough people join, and if this actually ends up taking off (which would be pretty cool).

For those who are already familiar with IRC, here's the basic info to join:
Server: irc.esper.net
Room: #MigaNet

For full-fledged instructions on how to get IRC set up, as well as automation instructions (for X-Chat), check out my deviantART Journal Entry here: BEEP

There are some simple rules:
1. Don't spam.
2. Don't talk about/link to adult content.
3. No piracy discussion at all.
4. Don't piss me off.
5. Don't be an idiot, keep things intelligent.
6. Don't add bots unless I say you can. If I tell you to get rid of the bot, do so.

Failure to follow these rules will get you IP banned from the chat. I reserve the right to ban anyone for any reason I see fit.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 01:28:48 PM by Miga »

Sounds FUN

Does this IRC always have a window open in the background for people to be able to contact?  I don't really know anything about IRC

Sounds FUN

Does this IRC always have a window open in the background for people to be able to contact?  I don't really know anything about IRC

The way I have it set up, yes. I think by default, when you close the window, it stays running in the icon tray, so you can still receive messages.

Or you can just minimize it, and it will flash when someone says your nickname.

I can't figure out how to join any channels...

I can't figure out how to join any channels...

Where are you stuck at?

Where are you stuck at?
I type:
/join #MigaNet
But it won't let me send the command.

I type:
/join #MigaNet
But it won't let me send the command.

Sounds like you're not connected to EsperNet. Check your settings to make sure everything matches the screenshot below:

Then hit "Close", and hit Connect.

Good ol' IRC.
Good times, good times...

Bump again.

<Frontrox> Who wants to join me in an all nighter?
<Miga> well
<Miga> seeing as how last night I went to sleep at 6 AM
<Miga> I could probably do it
<Skip> forget YEAH LET'S DO IT MAN
<Sunthiel> what time is it for you guys?
<Frontrox> yessss
<Miga> 6:41 PM
<Frontrox> Oh wat
<Sunthiel> 2:41PM
* Miga has changed the topic to: Welcome to MigaNet, home of the one and only Miga. | ALL NIGHTER WHOOOOOOO

Everyone join because Skip told you to.

<Skip> <@Miga> no I am Miga Miga
<Skip> <Skip> you like em big you like em chunky
<Skip> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iULK2PfofJo
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 08:40:58 PM by Skip »

I'm unfamiliar with the whole IRC thing, how can I download an IRC client? Where could I find one?