Author Topic: A nice, smooth, racing map.  (Read 1042 times)

Easiest way to sum it up: Seacrest County, but not an exact duplicate.

Thing is, I would absolutely love a map where there is a nice beautifly pieced together terrain, with either extremely smooth roads to prevent your vehicle bouncing randomly or a interior for the roads, which is also smooth enough to prevent torque from loving up your jeep off the sides.

Mind you, to build this with bricks, your jeep would end up going all herpderp on you
Also, it doesn't need to be as graphical as Seacrest County itself, but I'm sure you knew that.

Holy crap.
That looks awesome.

Mind you, to build this with bricks, your jeep would end up going all herpderp on you
Lol'd.

Hot pursuit.

Also, nice idea.  Also, someone make daytona speedway.

a nice thing to have would be a racing map made .dts's, then have it be on something with the slate skybox without slate's floor

Is this NFS?
The reference images were from the 2010 Hot Pursuit.

Better than pandan's raceway....
And yes, BL needs more racing tracks.

Would be totally awesome.

Would so make a Police Chase server (cops have to chase players, if players kill all the cops or make it to a certain area, they win, cops have to kill all racers)

Would be totally awesome.

Would so make a Police Chase server (cops have to chase players, if players kill all the cops or make it to a certain area, they win, cops have to kill all racers)
Thing is, I can use the Map Editor pretty well, however I don't know how to make maps packaged correctly. Plus, it just isn't smooth enough.

Road texture on terrain?
As mentioned above, the Mission Editor isn't smooth enough if I were to make a map.

This seems pretty impossible.  With our current map making tools I don't think we could make this.  Take that first picture(the u-turn) for instance.  If you've ever tried to make a curve in torque you know just how many different shapes it would take to make something even close to something like that.  Granted, if we had more advanced software we might be able to make this work.  But still, so many polygons... It would be even laggier than GSF Paradise City.  I'm not saying it isn't a cool idea, or that we wouldn't love something like this. It just wouldn't work very well with torque.  Besides, that's why we have racing games anyway.