Author Topic: what the forget is JavaJDEUpdate.exe?  (Read 3494 times)

He knows what Java is, and I'm going to say this myself, read the topic.
Well then, here.
It updates Java, which is a program used to run games, files, phone applications, etc.  So if you just update the damn thing, problem solved.

Updating will only add more instances. Read monocole's post.

@Everyone who thinks its an actual updater:

THE MIGHTY TROOS HAS SPOKEN!

Ok then, then translate that bottom link for us please.

Give Java(not JDEupdate) full access to your computer and see if it goes away, while it is highly likely to be a virus it's worth a shot.

Roos, download Java and open the folder root around and you'll find it. Actually. Download the sdk

Roos, download Java and open the folder root around and you'll find it. Actually. Download the sdk

I/Windows can't find it in the Java folder (which contains jdk and jre). Where is it on your machine?

I/Windows can't find it in the Java folder (which contains jdk and jre). Where is it on your machine?

Its not going to be called JavaJDEUpdater.exe lol. It'll be like JDE updater or Java Updater. It says JavaJDEIpdater in the task killer because its stating its using Java.

Its not going to be called JavaJDEUpdater.exe lol. It'll be like JDE updater or Java Updater. It says JavaJDEIpdater in the task killer because its stating its using Java.

He's on the processes tab, which shows the image name on the left, not the title / description.

He's on the processes tab, which shows the image name on the left, not the title / description.

Oh stuff, you're right.

Hmm.. Its possible that its a virus using Java as an 'undercover' name. You did say you can't enter safe mode, right?

Everything we know is wrong. Ffffffffuuuuuuuu-

Oh stuff, you're right.

Hmm.. Its possible that its a virus using Java as an 'undercover' name. You did say you can't enter safe mode, right?

yeah, it gets stuck at mup.sys, and the stuff on google says I need to use the XP installer disc to fix that. Gotta find that first.

@Everyone who thinks its an actual updater:

Never trust Google.

any other search engine will give you the same result.

actually, yahoo doesn't give you any result.