Author Topic: what the forget is JavaJDEUpdate.exe?  (Read 3501 times)

you're a bloody forgetin' moron.

If you have vista, then alot of stuff will be hidden, it's just a friend that way. And don't try disseminating my help. Just because something has multiple instances of something, doesn't mean it's a virus. You've clearly run it throu an anti-virus program, it said it was clean, right? Don't bitch out about it! It's not doing anything to you, now is it? At this point, it really is acting like a virus because it's pissing you off.

and then they just pop up again.

read the entire thread.

thanks.

Jesus loving christ. Stop saying "Read the topic, thanks" They are giving you feedback and you are going batstuff insane if they are wrong. Grow up, Thanks

i never knew chexguy was a complete richard.
the more you know.

Tom

1. Avast isn't the only free antivirus program out there. Try Malwarebytes.
2. It might help to scan in safe mode.

and then they just pop up again.

read the entire thread.

thanks.
I provided more then one solution to your problem, Sir.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 12:18:33 AM by SeventhSandwich »

If you have vista, then alot of stuff will be hidden, it's just a friend that way. And don't try disseminating my help. Just because something has multiple instances of something, doesn't mean it's a virus. You've clearly run it throu an anti-virus program, it said it was clean, right? Don't bitch out about it! It's not doing anything to you, now is it? At this point, it really is acting like a virus because it's pissing you off.

When I try to run safe mode, it freezes at mup.sys. Maybe that's a problem with my computer, but it didn't start happening until the javayaddayadda.exe thing showed up and multiplied itself.

i never knew chexguy was a complete richard.
the more you know.

old news, soz.

It's an EXE that updates Java JDE.

sometimes i have multiple rundll32.exes running that i cant terminate . . .

Tell us what folders are in C:\Program Files\Java\

sometimes i have multiple rundll32.exes running that i cant terminate . . .
Normal.

Normal.

i have dozens of them and they eat up all my memory and i have to restart my computer

I'm almost 100% positive that's not a virus for multiple reasons.

- never seen a virus with an admin tag

- its from java's rte/jde/sdk that you have to download to be able to run any java content.

You didn't happen to be playing a game that requires java any time recently. That includes both stand alone such as minecraft or web like runescape.

Perhaps you were watching something online that required it.

Here's the deal with Java. Basically when it updates, it keeps all of its update files. Occasionally (VERY occasionally at that) the updaters inside of the folders because Java fails at making things obsolete. So what I personally think is the problem is an updater from 6 java versions before is just running an update causing it to over ride the next version causing that to update and basically just making a paradox of updates.

Here's the deal with Java. Basically when it updates, it keeps all of its update files. Occasionally (VERY occasionally at that) the updaters inside of the folders because Java fails at making things obsolete. So what I personally think is the problem is an updater from 6 java versions before is just running an update causing it to over ride the next version causing that to update and basically just making a paradox of updates.

EXACTLY WHAT I WAS SAYING! Thank you monocle. I love you.

Java isn't a virus.  Durr.

It updates Java, which is a program used to run games, files, phone applications, etc.  So if you just update the damn thing, problem solved.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 09:45:08 AM by Socky »

He knows what Java is, and I'm going to say this myself, read the topic.