Author Topic: ID Cards  (Read 10365 times)

I am suggesting an ID Card system for Blockland Retail, something like MSN Messenger has which are called Contact Cards, what I am suggesting is an ID system where someone can put their favorite servers, their IM info, and website(s), they could also be used by other players to rate their build skills, their personality (needs a better descriptor), or their mods (like Kaje).

Is this idea good or bad, I know it definitely has it's faults, does anyone have any better suggestions or why this would/wouldn't work

that is actually a good idea

sounds pretty cool to me...

The rating system reminds me of Garry's Mod.
But I would love this. Also there should show the server they are in and a button below it on to join it.

yeah...sounds like a cool idea to me....but how would you make the ID cards different?? then unless you spawn with ones...and of coarse the admin would have to have the ultimate access card...but the thing that would really suck is if DM was on and you id card was in your inventory, then you loose it when you die and don't spawn with it again...with thoose 2 things worked out, it would be a great thing to have

looks like the xbox 360 stuff correct?

Good idea, but it'd be really hard to sync it with all the servers. Unless you somehow made a webpage, which constantly downloaded updates. (Which is possible, but a pain to make it update)

But I *might* expirement with a server-side-saved mod. Maybe.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 03:09:33 PM by Aloshi »

yeah...sounds like a cool idea to me....but how would you make the ID cards different?? then unless you spawn with ones...and of coarse the admin would have to have the ultimate access card...but the thing that would really suck is if DM was on and you id card was in your inventory, then you loose it when you die and don't spawn with it again...with thoose 2 things worked out, it would be a great thing to have

um... you wouldnt have it in you inventory

I made something like this - You can use a commandtoserver to set your info, and it writes to a .cs file your ID, Name, Clan(s), and also any extra info you wanted to put into it...I could add a few more categories (Ex. IMing, Website etc.), but I don't think I will as you can put most of that in your info. And I probably won't release it any time soon because so far it only has three peoples' info in it. :P

Also I made it searchable for any word you are looking for.

I think it would be better if it was global. For example somebody makes a PHP Service where you sign up and edit/add to your profile.

Then ingame you use HTTPObject to get the data and show it in a nice friendly gui.

Because everyone should know everything about what you do in your free time.

So a profile attatched to your ID? And a rating system for others to rate you? Like in GMod 10? Sounds cool.