Script for stealing player's jets and building abilities on spawn

Author Topic: Script for stealing player's jets and building abilities on spawn  (Read 835 times)

Yeah, I know, the title is sorta long, but there's no real point in making it shorter...

Anyways, I have visited some challenge servers where there's just a map. I'm assuming there must be a script involved, because there's no minigame, and players automatically lose their jets, building, and painting when they spawn. There's also checkpoints that are built into the scripts, but I don't want to get that deep as there's already checkpoint bricks.

I was wondering if someone could make a version of that that would run on any server, compatible with dedicated servers, that does the following things:

• When the server is started, it doesn't do anything until an SA prompts /enable* (with * being something I havent thought of) and then disable it with /disable*.
• Super admins are not affected by the script at all.
• While the script is enabled, when normal players spawn, they will use the host's spawn bricks if they have any, and lose their jets/building stuff. If they die, when they respawn the same thing happens.
• While the script is enabled,no one is allowed to host their own minigames, normal admins ONLY have the capability to use their admin orb... Everything is limited so everyone must follow a challenge except SA, and possibly A if they cheat and use their admin orb.

The benefit of this is that I, and other people who decide to use this script, can just start hosting a dedicated server, connect, load the bricks of a challenge and finally enable the script. No one that then connects to the server will be able to do anything but play the challenge.

Post thoughts if you would please.

probably able to use the onspawn function and package in a datablock change or something
but why not just make a minigame? it would make it all much easier

but why not just make a minigame? it would make it all much easier

Because, that's the whole point of the thread, is that no matter how much I try it seems I cannot run a minigame on a dedicated server without having to be logged into the server 24/7.

Because, that's the whole point of the thread, is that no matter how much I try it seems I cannot run a minigame on a dedicated server without having to be logged into the server 24/7.

There's many dedicated minigame add-ons, use them.

Dedicated Minigame?