Author Topic: RPG suggestion  (Read 3929 times)

For RPGs it would be cool to be able to spawn bots with weapons that can patrola area and attack everything that comes near it (which i know it possible) but once the bot is killed is it possible to have a respawn right in the same spot and continue patrolling? (i did not know if that is possible or not, thats why i put it here)

If BS did use the AI script from gg.com then I would think its possible, but if he didn't I still think its possible knowing BS >.>.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 03:23:26 AM by Packer »

IF bots are added to game, i really hope they use that script.

i really hated people's bots from rtb. / other mods
unless its done right it shouldnt be done at all

bots are in the game...there in PTTA (if there is still a ptta)...really easy to spawn too... I don't know how to make them patrol or attack...i just know to dress how i want them to look and change my name to what i want their name to be and copy myself beside a door to make it look like its guarding it or in a chair to make a audience...

I have an RPG W.I.P. its usually up from GMT 6-9pm
and most time on weekends.

I doubt i'll put bots 'cept from novetly ones like "Your Mother" and maybe a few static bankers/cops etc...

I have an RPG W.I.P. its usually up from GMT 6-9pm
and most time on weekends.

I doubt i'll put bots 'cept from novetly ones like "Your Mother" and maybe a few static bankers/cops etc...
YOUR MOM IS COMING FOR US RUN FOR YOU LIFES!

is it possible to have a respawn right in the same spot and continue patrolling? (i did not know if that is possible or not, thats why i put it here)

Yes that is possible, you can make the bots spawn from player spawners just like a normal player would in a Minigame.
Keep in mind though that if you have more than 1 of these, the bots might not spawn at the one you want them to.

Yes that is possible, you can make the bots spawn from player spawners just like a normal player would in a Minigame.
Keep in mind though that if you have more than 1 of these, the bots might not spawn at the one you want them to.
                 What i meant was for it to spawn RIGHT in the area where it died and keep patrolling with same weapon and same outfit as before...

I think some monster modles, and special bricks should be added. This way the special bricks could be spawn/respawn points for monsters, and define what monster, and what weapon, so that its easyer. Then make it so the monster's ai is to randomly walk around, Or if you want you could restrict it to roming a certain distance before it stops going further.

I think an rpg side to blockland isn't a bad idea for an add-on.

is it possible to have a respawn right in the same spot and continue patrolling? (i did not know if that is possible or not, thats why i put it here)

You can redo the span function so the bot knows where to spawn, or using the spawn bricks set it to spawn a bot.

We need a money system.

Badspot

• Administrator
We need a money system.

You could use the minigame score

How would that work?
I don't think you can really do that since placing a brick will only take away your score, but it will just keep on going down.

Make it refuse to place the brick if you don't have points?

Placing a brick is worth -1 points. If you get to 0, you can't place any more.

I'm not entirely sure how to do that with the current system.

It would be cool if one of the properties for spawned items is a point requirement to pick it up. You could set up all kinds of interesting RPGs and DMs.

However, the only problem with this system is that you actually have to kill other players or something in order to get more money. If you lose money when you die, then that means there is a fixed amount of money in the game, and the only people who will be able to build are the people who kill the most.