Poll

Good topic, yes?

Yes topic are nice
No, topic are bad

Author Topic: Minecraft World Generator seeds  (Read 531448 times)

I tried Ruins and spawned on a beach near a snow land with some floathing islands 

We need an active OP in the minecraft thread. But this is very unneeded.

We need an active OP in the minecraft thread. But this is very unneeded.
Vat kind of OP are joo needing?

As I have said, this needs a thread because I would be 'hijacking' the other thread and changing it to another topic.

Dropshock should take commitment if he is going to hold the Minecraft megathread, instead of updating it for when he makes something new (like his ZombieCraft map). If not, somebody active should make a thread, and they should make sections (example would be a seed section, or a server section). That would be much better.

Does anyone know of a seed that spawns you near a dungeon? im laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaazy

Does anyone know of a seed that spawns you near a dungeon? im laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaazy
iwillsuckrockslidesrichardforever

There was one that spawned you inside a dungeon in the main minecraft topic.

gargamel is the best seed found yet.
It's really, really good.
No, someone found this seed with a bunch of negative numbers. It's even BETTER.

The seed "Geothermal" spawns you right next to some really useful things:

Lava, near the surface. The iron ore block is connected to at least six others.

Directly next to the lava (it's to my right on the screenshot), everything else you need including coal. If you level this part off with sand and dig into the mountainside you can get a good space.

Somewhere near bedrock level, digging almost directly down from the above, I found a little open space with more lava, natural obsidian and close by redstone. (dirt by me for safety)

It's not much compared to some of the others but the abundance of lava looks good for some kind of big project...
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 06:31:07 PM by Space Guy »

I used that, and it spawned me in an icy area with pond filled with hundreds of squid

Once again: you won't spawn in the same place as other people, even when using the same seed. spawning is in a random location.

Once again: you won't spawn in the same place as other people, even when using the same seed. spawning is in a random location.
But always close, try gargamel twice in a row, Both spawn points are VERY close.

So just because ONE seed has spawn points that are close together you're saying they all do, when people have said many many times they spawn in completely different places?

But always close, try gargamel twice in a row, Both spawn points are VERY close.

I spawned in an underground cave, and it took me a bit to get out.  It turned out to be close to the surface, but it was hard to get out with no tools or light.

I believe so.

gargamel is cool
Gargamel is pretty boring