Author Topic: Failed to load interior.  (Read 2434 times)

So I made a map with an interior.
I can load the map fine myself and before (6 months ago) other people connecting to my server could to.
Recently I was hosting on BL again and was working on my mod so I wanted to invite someone. A friend came but he kept disconnecting with the issue in the topic subject. I tried getting on my second desktop (with another key) and connected via query internet only to get the exact same error. Its a simple map with one interior and a couple triggers.
Before I actually got my friend in the server I had some trouble getting the ports working. I disabled uPnP in BL and my router and went the more traditional port forwarding way which worked. He was then able to connect but then got the above error. I would also like to mention after scanning with a port checker (http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ to be exact) it told me that I did not have either 28100 or 28200 open (both of which I forwarded and tried hosting on with success).

Is it the map, is it my lack of port forwarding knowledge, is it a bad packaging job, is it some new thing in BL that I have missed?

I exported in torque using both map2dif and Legacy DIF and neither helped the error (original map I think is in map2dif)

Is this Coburn? :o

Anyways, I can't make any assumptions without seeing the interior and packaging job, but I doubt that it could be that. If the interior works fine for you, it should for him, too. I don't know much about port forwarding cause I've never had to use it... so I'm not sure what the problem here is.

Cool, your TDMs are my favorites :)

I'm testing the map now, and the packaging seems fine to me.

EDIT: The map works fine, why some people can't download the interior, who knows.

I opened the zip file -- but havent tested it.

what is: 'RWTestTrackv2IMG.pdn'  ???  and why is it 2.6mb in size?  This makes for an annoyingly large download for people on a slow connection.

Looking through the .dif file it seems the 'grid' textures are expected to be in a 'grids' folder, and your 'null' and 'trigger' files are expected to be in an 'Auxiliary' folder.

Auxiliary/NULL
Auxiliary/TRIGGER
Grids/GrayGrid
Grids/GreenGrid
Grids/OrangeGrid
NULL
ORIGIN
TRIGGER

Go back to torque constructor and see if any of your .png files match that pattern.

Hmm,

Well the grid files I whipped up in paint.net so I dont think they have a specific folder (I don't really know how to package the textures, is there a specific folder I need to put them in so it exports properly from toque constructor).

The NULL and TRIGGER textures were from some brushes I added (Trigger and NoDraw equivalent of the source engine I think) and I wasn't sure if I was supposed to include them or not su I just stuck them in there.

The .pdn was just something I accidently added and I'll take it out.

But I don't know what may have caused the Failed to load interior thing because I turned DL textures off on my sisters computer when trying to debiug the problem.

the other thing to look at..

when another player joins your server and fails to load the interior.
what messages show up in your console?  this will tell you which file or files didnt send properly.

it told me that I did not have either 28100 or 28200 open

I think you're supposed to port forward ports 28000 to 28100.
Not 28100 to 28200.