Author Topic: Port Forwarding  (Read 554 times)

Okay.
I followed the tutorial step by step and assured myself that everything was correct.
My server's ping still says --- and anyone that tries and connects it keeps telling them "Sending punch packet...".

No matter how many times I go through the tutorial I rarely get people that can connect.

On my router page, under "Single Port Forwarding" it asks for and internal and external port. I put the external port as 28000 and leave the internal port at 0.

When I open the properties there are 2 internet protocols. Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv4) and Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv4). Which ones do I use to edit the TCP/IP Properties?

Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv4) and Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Which ones do I use to edit the TCP/IP Properties?
Fixed

I know nothing about port fowarding, but I think I may have found out something:

Every time a new version of BL comes out, you can host for only a few days, then it stops until the next version comes out.

I'd like Badspot to do more stuff so hosting a working server is 100% guranteed.

Which OS are you running? ... im guessing windows 7 from the "Internet Protocol Version 6" part.

I haven't read the port forward tutorial but every time I have to setup port forwarding there are 2 basic steps:
1) Set pc to static IP address
2) Forward port on router to the pc's IP address

Did you do both of those?