Platinum Blockland version 4.01

Author Topic: Platinum Blockland version 4.01  (Read 13192 times)

Version 4.01

The download for version 4 is not located here, but can be found on the Platinum Blockland website instead.
Search for "Platinum Blockland" on Yahoo/Google/Bing.

System Requirements:
Operating System: Windows XP/Windows 2003 Server/Windows Vista/Windows 2008 Server/Windows 7/Windows 2008 Server R2
Framework: .NET Framework 3.5 (or higher)
Memory: 50 MB or higher (512 MB or higher recommended)
•Zip file support with Shell32

Features:

File Manager
Manage your Add-ons with top priority. File Manager allows you to manage your Add-ons, Music, and shapes (so far...). File Manager allows you to delete unwanted Add-ons (up 5 may be deleted at a time).

Add-On Workbench
Add-On Workbench enables you to make Add-ons without any scripting or having you thinking what that string ment and is quite simple and does require little or no scripting knowledge. The current Add-on Workbench allows you to: Make playertypes, make simple bricks, description files, and package your Add-ons with Add-On Packager Plus or just a normal export.

Screenshot Viewer
Screenshot Viewer is a simple utility to view your screenshots from ingame. Also with the option to delete them.

SkyServer
SkyServer is a useful utility to create servers. How? SkyServer will swap server files to get the correct settings for your server, its like using your favorite web pages (somewhat). By "building" your server, SkyServer fetches your previous server preferences and archives them with a few other files so when you activate the selected server... your server preferences are swapped with the ones in the archive, which of course may be delete if unwanted.

Clan Agent
Clan Agent is the best way to manage your clan's everythingelse. Currently it can only create and modify member profiles. By making a profile, you can set ranks, status, names, and IDs and in which can be modified if those change.

My Server
My Server is a simple utility to watch your server on the Blockland website.

Dedicated Server Generator
Aside from SkyServer, Dedicated Server Generator is a batch generator. The batch files are for hosting servers as Internet or LAN and different maps, it does not swap server preferences like SkyServer.

Pictures:
Home

File Manager interface

Add-on Workbench with Brick Generator

Screenshot Viewer

Change log:

Version 4.0 (3/26/11):
  •Initial public release

Version 4.01 (3/27/11):
  •Clan Agent fix
  •Screenshot Viewer loads image automatically

Future Aditions?:

FileManager
  -More File detail
  -Ogg Vorbis support

Add-on Workbench
  -Ai Generator
  -Map Generator

Screenshot Viewer
  -Screenshot file info

Clan Agent
  -LIVE Clan Server watch
  -More detailed profile info

Sky Server
  -Implantation of My Server

Customization
  -Skins

My Server
   See "Sky Server"
Bugs & Issues:
-Clan Agent removes all members when removing a member without a profile folder "" (Dont remove a line that is blank) Get Version 4.01 to fix this issue

Platinum Blockland 4.01 2010-2011

« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 07:35:07 AM by Tyler66 »

Crappy 3rd party Blockland programs
Crappy 3rd party Blockland programs everywhere

Nice work, but I'm not going to download.

But we all have our opinions on things.
You have already chose yours.

yay another one!
im gonna be running RTB, cloud, stealth, and now PB!

stuff im going to need a blockland mod manager manager to manage my mod managers.

soon it will be far easier to just download stuff right off the addon section lol. just like old times.

yay another one!
im gonna be running RTB, cloud, stealth, and now PB!

stuff im going to need a blockland mod manager manager to manage my mod managers.

soon it will be far easier to just download stuff right off the addon section lol. just like old times.
I dont plan for this to be a RTB clone. Its not going to have any kind of Add-on downloading.

I'll beta for Windows 7.

Hello, new signature.

Could there ever be a program you don't think is crappy?

The whole interface looks horrible.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 09:56:18 PM by Lørd Tøny »

Could there ever be a program you don't think is crappy?

I'll be a back-up for Windows 7 (64-Bit).

I wouldnt say crappy, they look like they have legitamate work put into them.

Theyre still everywhere though.

I know people will consider it biased for me to comment, but I can't help feel a little bit of AfterBlock has begun to shine through Platinum Blockland ever since I released AB. For example the welcome on Platinum is very AB-ish. For example AB shows my character and has a casual speech-like explanation of the startup process. Suddenly Platinum now has a very similar startup in that respect, something the older versions never had until AB came along. I don't get why Platinum suddenly needs to go through an introduction process when it never had to before... the earlier versions detected my Blockland folder fine.
And why exactly does Platinum have to restart after the intro? AfterBlock only does that because it reads preferences on startup so it needs to be relaunched, is there a similar reason here? Seems odd.

Its no problem, I'm not saying it matters but it feels like AB is having an influence on your work, in unnecessary ways.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 10:53:49 PM by Sheath »

Ok so there is... Rtb, Cloud, AfterBlock, Stealth and now PB, Any More? What is somebody gonna make a" Blockland Organiser" Organise All your Blockland things in one place, even tho they have all the same use!

why would you mix spanish and english? are you unable to stick to a single language?