Author Topic: Minecraft server test (192.168.1.50:25565) Do it now!  (Read 3905 times)

Can someone help me test my Minecraft server? Attempt to connect with this IP: 69.121.226.67:25565
Also, the server is vanilla, no mods or anything.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 07:51:40 PM by rockslide26 »

Fail
Why so? This is a test, not a server thread. My friend is away, therefore I need someone to test it. Go away or help, your choice.

Fail at a server i mean

it doesnt work

That looks like Hamachi?

That looks like Hamachi?
Nonono not a Hamachi server. I have heard of linksys WRT54G routers being an ass to forwarding on minecraft.

Oh lawd, that was hamachi.I put in the actual ip.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 07:38:23 PM by rockslide26 »

First off, 192.168.x.x is generally internal IP.  In short, there are two types of IP addresses in the network.

First is the "external IP".  This is pretty much what anyone on your network appears as through the internet.  By simply connecting online you are showing off your external IP (and no, you cannot be hacked through an external IP).  For example, the Blockland Forums logs every post you make on here with the external IP that the post was written from.  If you have two computers in your house, post a message on one and then post a separate message on the other, you'd get the same external IP.  If you had a forum account on here, and your brother/sister/etc. had a forum account here, and they got themselves IP banned, you too would be IP banned (this has happened in a few cases).

The second is the "internal IP".  It is how the network distinguishes one device connected to the router from the other.  Every device that uses the internet through the router has their own internal IP address, your Xbox/Playstation/Wii, computers, even wireless devices like Zune HD's and iPod Touches.

When you try to host a minecraft server without port forwarding, nobody can connect because your router is pretty much going, "What the forget?  Who the forget do I send these users to?  Which computer?  To the TV?  Xbox?  What the forget!"

With port forwarding, the router pretty much is set up to send those users to your computer where you are hosting a server.  So then, your router is now going, "Oh, because the smart clever user port forwarded, I know that I need to send these user connections at this port to this specific computer in the network."

"But how do I port forward?"

http://portforward.com/

Oh jesus. I'm messing around with different ips.

http://whatismyipaddress.com for your external IP
Thanks, I hate having a billion different ips. Try 69.121.226.67:25565

Like I said, you only have two really.

And it doesn't work, meaning you haven't port forwarded.

Nope.

Nope.
I'm guessing ISP is blocking that, because I checked three times I did it correctly and then it never works.