Author Topic: Some player build options.  (Read 2690 times)

Occasionally, when working on a build, i wouldn't mind allowing other people on the server to be able to build.  At the same time, i want to have other things that are still protected.

I wish i had a toggle able option that allowed me to place bricks in the "public domain" state.

Admins should have the option of "pub or private" and then Force or player select.  This way, they can force players to work with/against one another.  Or if they don't want to deal with whiny people, force it they way it is now.

(note to self, this triggers interesting idea for a Blockland build game.  Team A needs to build a tower and use it to get on the rafters in bedroom.  Team B gets spears, and needs to break it before they get to the top.  No macros, strict brick per second limit)

The other idea is to make Painting of bricks a player controlled option.  Some times ive got an idea of What i wanna build, but not what color i want it to be.  This can help with inspiration.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 02:39:54 AM by Flagg »

that actually sounds fun :D i would like to see this also, as a security system

sounds like a fun game, you would just have to make thinngs get "hammered" when hit by a spear in a mini-game

good idea a cookie for your thoughts  :cookie:

This guys is good..you should invent something  :cookieMonster:

The other big thing is to have an option when you wrench thing to make the items/vehicles that they spawn public.

Ive seen quite a few public builds that had the hookshot, or skis incorporated in neat ways, but pretty much required players to build there own spawn point off the build. Most of the time, they are in a group, and no one bothers to clear them.

the perfect example is a ski run from the roof of the bedroom to the floor.  I dont wanna sit in a mini game, and i dont trust people to build/paint it.  But if they wanna grab a set of ski's and makethe run, they are perfectly welcome too.