Author Topic: Need help with Weapon Animation  (Read 3916 times)

I'm trying to create a weapon in Milkshape and add an animation sequence to it (Specificaly a rotation animation). How does it work?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2007, 10:00:18 AM by Muffinmix »

You got 1.8.0? Cause that comes installed with the .dsq exporter, dsq's are animations, yet, i'm not sure how to make them work, i want some of my weapons to have animations :(

I figured out how to add the animation in, but now the question is how do you time the animation? Like the Autorocket for example, it only turns the barrel when it fires.  Right now my weapon just spins constantly and I only want it to spin when it fires.

Last time i used the .dsq exporter for weapons it phailed

I figured out how to add the animation in, but now the question is how do you time the animation? Like the Autorocket for example, it only turns the barrel when it fires.  Right now my weapon just spins constantly and I only want it to spin when it fires.

You need a sequence texture in the model. Make a new texture, and name it

seq: fire=1-(last frame), fps=15

for example, if i had 16 frames in the animation i would name the texture seq: fire=1-16, fps=15

just make another texture for the weapon, i hope that helped, and btw whats the name of the .dsq exporter in ms3d?

Torque .DTS Exporter Plus, something like that

Sequence texture? .dqs? I don't know what those are. I use Milkshape 1.7.0 (unregistered), and it uses Joints to animate, unless it can use textures as well. I'm profoundly confused.

make a texture named seq: fire=1-#, fps=15 and where it says # put the number of the last frame, and just export it as .dts, also the animation should have it's own joint.

Tried what you said (or what I think you meant), and now the game refuses to load any of the maps and I'm confronted with a "Send error report?" window. Is this what you meant?

Also the Joint I used to animate is the MountPoint if that does anything.

make a seperate joint for the animation, and make a different material for the texture on the weapon.

Made a seperate joint and tried it again, I get an error message when I try to export. It says "Malformed sequence material: seq: fire1-9"
The game loads and I can play, but the weapon is still on repeatitive animation and now it's missing the texture I renamed.

make a separate texture for the weapon, and which exporter are you using? DTS Plus! or just DTS?

It has a problem when i name my new texture :(

I tried execing too

==>exec("rtb/data/shapes/hpistol.cs");
Compiling rtb/data/shapes/hpistol.cs...
Loading compiled script rtb/data/shapes/hpistol.cs.
Sequence import failed:  sequence node "onFire" not found in base shape.
rtb/data/shapes/hpistol.cs (0): preload failed for HpistolDts: Load sequence rtb/data/shapes/hpistol.dsq failed for rtb/data/shapes/hpistol.dts.
==>exec("rtb/data/shapes/hpistol.dsq");
Compiling rtb/data/shapes/hpistol.dsq...
rtb/data/shapes/hpistol.dsq Line: 1 - Syntax error.
>>> Advanced script error report.  Line 1.
>>> Some error context, with ## on sides of error halt:
##
>>> Error report complete.

Executing rtb/data/shapes/hpistol.dsq.
rtb/data/shapes/hpistol.dsq Line: 1 - Syntax error.
>>> Advanced script error report.  Line 1.
>>> Some error context, with ## on sides of error halt:
##
>>> Error report complete.
I named the animation join "onFire" just to experiment
« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 12:01:15 PM by masterlegodude »

I'm using the normal DTS exporter, I don't have DTS +

DTS + is in MS3D 1.8.0, or you can go search for it, its downloadable somewhere for some other MS3D versions