Author Topic: Props to BLB?  (Read 3166 times)

Someone has done it before where they converted props from the prop system to the BLB format,if someone can tell me how to convert props from the prop system to blb it would be nice.

Have ya tried looking at how the Decrotive Bricks work? I think they are similar.

Look at the fence bricks for info.

EDIT: check this out too: http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=53716.0

Yeah, JVS and decorative bricks do this. Reference both of them.

Have ya tried looking at how the Decrotive Bricks work? I think they are similar.

Look at the fence bricks for info.

EDIT: check this out too: http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=53716.0

Yeah, JVS and decorative bricks do this. Reference both of them.

facepalm.png

Follow this pattern instead:

.DTS > .OBJ > .BLB

Figure it out.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 09:24:17 AM by Jaydee »

.DTS > .OBJ > .BLB

Figure it out.

What...

OBJ > BLB

I don't understand what you are saying there, BLB isn't a model its just a Blockland Brick file. I always thought you needed the model to be DTS.

facepalm.png

.DTS > .OBJ > .BLB

Figure it out.
Wait what?
I dont get how do you convert back to obj?

facepalm.png

.DTS > .OBJ > .BLB

Figure it out.
We were talking about .blb script files, and I'd just pointed him in the direction of some references.

Anyway, what you were trying to link to was Destiny's obj2blb program, which automatically generates everything needed for special bricks like this. Click here. Then click downloads, the obj2blb.

Obj2blb doesn't work, believe me, I HAVE TRIED SO MANY TIMES

Models =/= BLB

They are VERY different from eachother, and currently, there is no working importer to turn a model into a BLB, the only way to make a model work alongside a plantable brick would be to make it a JVS brick with no animations or make it a prop (both stupid ideas)

oh, and BLB is a bitch to work with

« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 12:33:25 AM by soba »

What...

OBJ > BLB

I don't understand what you are saying there, BLB isn't a model its just a Blockland Brick file. I always thought you needed the model to be DTS.

Do your research. (ie. You don't know what you're talking about)

facepalm.png

Obj2blb doesn't work, believe me, I HAVE TRIED SO MANY TIMES

OBJ2BLB just provides a basic foundation for your blb. You have to work on the converted file (like rounding off some coords). It doesn't automatically (magically) do everything for you.

Just to let you know, it works. You're doing it wrong.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 03:52:12 AM by Jaydee »

Do your research.

facepalm.png

OBJ2BLB just provides a basic foundation for your blb. You have to work on the converted file (like rounding off some coords). It doesn't automatically (magically) do everything for you.

Just to let you know, it works. You're doing it wrong.
I know about the coverage and all that, the faces show up ingame invisible even with the correct coverage and stuff

I know about the coverage and all that, the faces show up ingame invisible even with the correct coverage and stuff

You're doing it wrong.

Do your research. (ie. You don't know what you're talking about)
facepalm.png

Don't be such a condescending little stuff, I'm saying you can't just easily convert an OBJ to a BLB file, because BLB is custom to Blockland only. Its not an actual model, maybe by definition its a 3D model, but its only interpreted by Blockland, you can't edit it beyond a text editor. So you can keep your semantics and overposted memes, thanks.

Don't be such a condescending little stuff, I'm saying you can't just easily convert an OBJ to a BLB file, because BLB is custom to Blockland only. Its not an actual model, maybe by definition its a 3D model, but its only interpreted by Blockland, you can't edit it beyond a text editor. So you can keep your semantics and overposted memes, thanks.
No, he was right. It's still a 3D model and it uses the same techniques as others, so yes it can.

No, he was right. It's still a 3D model and it uses the same techniques as others, so yes it can.

Making up a theory isn't good enough. Until there is a program that can take mainstream models and convert them to  fully functioning BLB files, you are both wrong.