Author Topic: Why no Sterio Mix with music?  (Read 2379 times)

Why cant there be sterio mix?   Its better for backround music  and you can listen to it from a greater distance. 
Mono hase one good use   making a radio or stage or something like that

For those who have seen my server you know i make music backround music not a radio       

:( stupid update in its lame ways

Because mono has half the size of the same file in Sterio.

so big deal its not like im going to make huge full songs i cut them up and i dont make 70 songs i make like 2-4

Torque can't handle huge files like that, even if you cut the sound file into a 1/4, it'd be too big...or something

No, I played an 8MB sized sound file before. :cookieMonster:

Stereo is not available because there are some stereo specific bugs, and the file being transfered has half the content for twice the size.

The audio range on the sound brick is too small for either stereo or mono to seriously use it for background music. I suppose you could use lots of them, but the brick range is a lot bigger then the audio range, so you would only be able to cover half the server.

Badspot

• Administrator
3D sound + Stereo = fail

fine i just dont like music that fades so whatever you win :(

_
                   /  \
                  /. . \
                  |<  |
                  \ - /
                    -                                         

so big deal its not like im going to make huge full songs i cut them up and i dont make 70 songs i make like 2-4
hmm... remember the 10 minute download for your music?

3D sound + Stereo = fail
Not entirely true, Games such as Doom 3 and Quake 4 have 3d audio positioning and Sterio sound.

hmm... remember the 10 minute download for your music?
no i dont i shortend the music so shut up