Author Topic: Various paintings and such  (Read 2530 times)

This is some really cool stuff man, I'm thinking about getting into painting, any tips?
No loving clue. I'm pretty much winging it.
I'd suggest painting from a reference for your first couple of paintings, since you kind of get a better hand on things like perspective and anatomy when doing this (if you want a comparison, compare my first to my second. my second painting was from a reference).

Something that's probably pretty obvious but was helpful to me, is that you can draw on your canvas with a pencil or a pen so you have a general idea of what you're going to be painting before you actually paint it. It's helpful if you use washes for base coats because the marks show through washes.

No loving clue. I'm pretty much winging it.
I'd suggest painting from a reference for your first couple of paintings, since you kind of get a better hand on things like perspective and anatomy when doing this (if you want a comparison, compare my first to my second. my second painting was from a reference).

Something that's probably pretty obvious but was helpful to me, is that you can draw on your canvas with a pencil or a pen so you have a general idea of what you're going to be painting before you actually paint it. It's helpful if you use washes for base coats because the marks show through washes.

Ah, alright, I'll be sure to try a light pencil method :O!

Thanks <3

FROM SOMEWHERE, A TRANSMISSION...

"Hallway"

"Face"

That first painting gave me an climax.

The first in the topic or the first in the update, though? No need to be a jackass.

The first in the topic or the first in the update, though? No need to be a jackass.
first in OP

Nice painting.

Also, is that a Toyota in the background? :O

i'm quite fond of your paintings

BUMPDATE: I AM NOW EXPERIMENTING WITH OIL PAINTS. RESULTS SOON.

hang these all around your room and attempt to feel secure

hang these all around your room and attempt to feel secure
You act like I haven't done that.
Except it isn't attempting.