Map repeats and lighting issue.

Author Topic: Map repeats and lighting issue.  (Read 3633 times)

How do I fix this repeat issue?

I also have a problem with lights, it's too bright for the terrain.

For the light - just pick a different one.

What is the repeat issue? .. whats not working the way you want?

For the light - just pick a different one.

What is the repeat issue? .. whats not working the way you want?

What? It doesn't matter what light I set for the map, it's too bright for the player light.

It repeats, duh. I just want a flat surface outside the perimeter.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 06:13:08 PM by Lørd Tøny »

What? It doesn't matter what light I set for the map, it's too bright for the player light.

It repeats, duh. I just want a flat surface outside the perimeter.
so you want your hills and such, and then you want them to stop, and then beyond that... just flat?   -- if so, thats not going to happen, as torque doesnt work that way.  either the whole terrain repeats forever, or it just stops and then you fall off into nothingness.

You might be able to do what you want by looking at slate desert and copy whats used for the ground.  but you will still have a very sharp edge where your terrain stops.

But the ground in slate desert is not even a terrain. It's water with a sand texture.

But the ground in slate desert is not even a terrain. It's water with a sand texture.

Exactly. Use that below your dunes, then make the edge of the dune area go down a little.

I'm not going to lower my whole terrain, that will ruin the other interior objects I placed with it.

About the light, it has been like that since forever. I assume it's how Torque works. Sucks doesn't it.

There's one way you could do it.
With terrain, there is a variable that lets you stop terrain looping, use that.
Then, add a layer of water with the dune texture, and the slate floor interior.
The only downturn is that the part with the terrain cannot be sculped downwards.

I guess my posts are in another language for people, and must be clarified :/
Whatever. I said what Aphtonites said, do it Tony.

I guess my posts are in another language for people, and must be clarified :/
I feel the same way brother.