Author Topic: How to deal with upcoming divorce?  (Read 1830 times)

So my parents have been fighting recently, and my dad's been saying he's lost interest in my mom and wants to move out. He's moving out tomorrow a few miles away so he and my mom can have some space and think about things. They're going to marriage counseling but I don't think it's helping. They've been married for 25 years and this is just now coming up. By now I think divorce is inevitable.

Any tips on how to deal with this?

Continue to talk and spend time with both of your parents. Refuse to pick a side.

Take the milk man's side, murder everyone else.

Continue to talk and spend time with both of your parents. Refuse to pick a side.
this worked wonders for me
neither of my parents have a bad relationship with me :3

Try to do this as long as possible. If worst comes to worst, do what you feel is right.

Also, try to fit all the loose ends before it's to late. Don't be like me. I don't even know when I'm supposed to go home or to my mother's from school anymore because the schedule is so screwed up.

Maintain a relationship with both parents, as long as you want to that is. Don't choose sides because of what you can get from them, when it comes time to choose who you live with, if the court gives you an option, choose the one you'd be more comfortable with.

This. Do whatever it takes to keep contact with them both. Things will be a stuffload worse for you if you only talk to one.

Things like this make me think people shouldn't bother with marriage.

I was 4 when my parents got divorced. Scary fight. :c

Oh my god. My mom just called her friend saying that she was going to shoot my dad and kill herself. My moms friend came over and my mom exploded at my dad saying things like "YOU DID THIS TO ME!" and "I HATE YOU!". My moms friend called the police and they took her away in hand cuffs while she was bawling. I feel so horrible, I don't know what to do. I called my best friend to talk about it and I'm literally in tears. I don't know what to do.

I was 3 when my parents divorced. Don't remember what it was like to only have 1 family.

Then my mom got divorced again after this and re-married, so I've had my share plus another person's share of divorces.

Oh lord, that sounds so stressful. I guess you should be prepared for your parents to argue with each other. At least they'll be both apart which would limit conflicts.

Oh my god. My mom just called her friend saying that she was going to shoot my dad and kill herself. My moms friend came over and my mom exploded at my dad saying things like "YOU DID THIS TO ME!" and "I HATE YOU!". My moms friend called the police and they took her away in hand cuffs while she was bawling. I feel so horrible, I don't know what to do. I called my best friend to talk about it and I'm literally in tears. I don't know what to do.
After reading this you should go on your dads side.

Your mom doesn't exactly sound emotionally stable.