Author Topic: Rant about my parents and me using their computer - Wall of text?  (Read 7228 times)

i didnt have internet for about 10-12 years.
then again it didnt exist 10-12 years ago
um yeah I think it did.

Son, I am a disappoint.

I've been using the internet as long as I can remember...

This is piracy, I thought?
Nonononono.
.torrent files are just a way to p2p download files. It's easier on the server you're downloading it from. Many websites use it as an alternative to direct downloads, but it's a little more complicated to use.
Of course, it can be used for piracy, and that's what many people do, but not necessarily.

I don't say that. I've told them I want internet on my computer, but they don't trust me. I know, they don't want me looking at research and doing other things.
Woah woah woah, your parents are dumbasses if they expect an 11 year old to be looking at research by that age; along with additional to pry you from the internet.

Why don't you just wait until you are 13, and can go on the internet without COPPA interference before asking?

Your parents are completely right.

So, if I want to do anything online, like checking mail or other things on the internet, I have to use my parent's computer, because I don't have internet on my computer in my bedroom because my parents don't trust me. I respect that, as I am only 11.
I stopped there.
I was able to have my very own computer, internet and all, without even a parental control thing, at 9 (maybe even 8, I think).
 I was using the internet since I was freaking 6 and my parents didn't watch me or anything.

I mean c'mon, if they're going to give you your VERY OWN computer, but no internet, they wasted money getting that computer. It's like math without numbers. Sure, you have some stuff like geometry but it's extremely empty. :o

So, tell them this:
Quote
AMERICA IS A FREE COUNTRY! I HAVE THE FREEDOM OF HAVING INTERNET! I cannot make you pay or work to set up internet on my computer, but if I do all the setting up I have the right to have it!

I still believe, from an unbiased standpoint, that my suggestion would actually work the best for your situation, Coolio.

Wait, if you have wireless, what's preventing you from connecting besides "morals" or some crap?

Wait, if you have wireless, what's preventing you from connecting besides "morals" or some crap?
Desktops don't usually have wireless capabilities.

Desktops don't usually have wireless capabilities.
oh right.
i haven't even used my desktop in like a year wow.

Desktops don't usually have wireless capabilities.


Buy a USB adapter. That is what I use. It is usually small with a blinking light, so shouldn't be hard to conceal.

Buy a USB adapter. That is what I use. It is usually small with a blinking light, so shouldn't be hard to conceal.
If I'm on a computer, I can see everyone who is on the computer's network.

I swear, if this was directed to me, I'd have a huge smile on my face.
But I'm 10.

I asked her why and all she said was, "Because I said so."
My bitchy mom does this a lot.
I usually say "I know you said so, but why did you say so?"
Then she gets more angry. Either that or she ignores it.
I can't help it though. :P