Author Topic: Terragen help?  (Read 4693 times)

I need a few pointers on Terragen, I don't really need to make a skybox because I have pictures for the skybox I want to use, but I cant find any option to just add pictures to make the skybox.

I remember Wedge had made a post in a skybox topic about this exact problem but the links are out-dated/don't work anymore, so I was wondering if anyone else knew? or if there is even a way to make a skybox without Terragen at all?

Terragen can make skyboxes... That's its vital function I believe.
Terragen just always screwed up for me though, gave me random file crap on my desktop whenever I exported.

Just search for a Terragen tutorial on YouTube.

Terragen can make skyboxes... That's its vital function I believe.
I know thats what it does, but I already have the skybox pictures I want to use. I just need to know how to take the pictures and put it together in terrange to make the skybox without having to make each picture, and thats basically what all terrange tutorials refuse to tell, they just tell HOW to make the pictures.

so you just want to make a skybox?
and you already have all 6 pictures ready?

so you just want to make a skybox?
and you already have all 6 pictures ready?
that is correct

that is correct
goto the garagegames site and look up skyboxes.  the entries in your "dml" file need to be in a specific order.  you can also try to copy one of the existing skyboxes from one of the standard maps.

and a dml file originates from a txt file right?

and a dml file originates from a txt file right?
yep
you should be able to drag & drop an existing one into notepad and see what it looks like.

I wish i knew how to make sky-boxes out of terragen.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 12:53:27 AM by Block_cop »