Author Topic: Suggestions mostly regarding administration  (Read 7108 times)

Here's a few things for admins I would like to see.

1. A more comprehensive admin menu which can dynamically change server settings on the fly. I downloaded the custom mod and it doesn't work for me =(, plus it would be nice to have it all in one menu, and it ties in with the rest of the suggestions

2. Server options to allow float/unstable/buried, seperately. Unstable and Buried are especially annoying, preventing things like underground construction on maps with holes. Float I would not use myself (at least not often), but it should exist as an option. If you don't want floating bricks, leave it turned off on your server.

3. "Too far" distance setting. Sometimes I'm building large-scale and the "too far" check is just a little too small.

4. Option to adjust player jets. I'm not sure why BadSpot is sort of leading us on into figuring out how to do it without even telling us how to set it ourselves; it's actually kind of sadistic ha ha! So yeah, a lot of people think jets are fine and a lot of people want a little more oomph, so a setting would be nice.

5. Admin tool to see who owns what blocks, this would help a lot with finding a jerk and banning him. Basically like when a normal user hammers a block and sees "%1 doesn't trust you enough to do that.", a long-range tool that would show an admin, "%1 owns this" would be nice.

it's actually kind of sadistic ha ha!
You think badspot is sadistic? Far from it. Play Half-Quake, THEN tell me what's sadistic.

He has good ideas.  Someone should try to help.  I can't.

much needed Super admin powers

Here's a few things for admins I would like to see.

1. No.

2. No.

3. Yes.

4. No.

5. Yes.

1. If the custom mod doesn't work, then surely any other GUI changing them settings won't work either?
2. Just be glad some of the mad structures Blockland don't have real physics and a center of gravity. I think the 'build rules' should be more tight, disallowing structures which would fall down if made in real life. Maybe 'cable' tools to allow you to support bricks on others. Like Pontifex/Bridge Construction Set, really.
3. This I do agree with - allow players to make larger macros work.
4. Copy one of the Player edits under AddOns, change JetForce/etc, name it "PlayerStandardArmor" and give it name "Standard Player". It'll override the normal one and give you the replaced version.
5. This is needed. It should keep names after the Public Domain timeout, and maybe save as well. (After crashing, reload the bricks and find out that you own the spam 20 miles away. Not useful.)

take of "to far" cause it gets really anoying when im building long roads.
or maybe badspot made it like that so you see who was spamming?!

@Jookia, thanks for giving blunt answers that in no way further the discussion.  :cookie:

Space Guy:
1. Actually, it does work, I didn't have an AddOnn checked, LOL. Still, it would be cool to have it integrated into the main admin menu (my keybinds are crowded enough without extras for autosaving and server settings).  :panda: I am foolish person.
2. I have heard your sentiment a million times but I have yet to hear why people think #2 should not even be an option.
3. (directed @shocklink): that's why I think a distance pref rather than a toggle would be best, otherwise you have spammed bricks a few kilometers away fighting against your limit, much less easily noticed than someone flying off to do it.

4. None of them have appropriate settings to modify [I know because I've played with them on LAN until I was blue in the face, plus more stuff from dump();], so I have no idea what you're talking about. If it's a player-created Add-On I should be looking for, a link would be nice. =)

5. I think we need to figure out how to screw with the public domain time/assignment in general to blow open these exceptions to the flawless execution of all the great plugins I've seen. Hmm....

two great minds think alike.

Sorry man but I gotta agree with Jookia.
and number 2 will NEVER happen.
Forget about it.

Sorry man but I gotta agree with Jookia.
Forget about it.
number 2 should be replaced with USE YOUR IMAGINATIN

lol
with 2 meatballs, you can still make a mighty dish

lol, my grandpa told me that.

Forget about it.
See, this is what I'm talking about. No one ever gives any reason why people shouldn't have the option, they just say "not gonna happen" or "I don't want it".

maybe cause in real life you can't build in mid-air, let me see you try that in real life, if you can THEN we do it.