Author Topic: Map Packaging Issues  (Read 3598 times)

When I tried uploading my map to RTB it said numerous things I did wrong packaging it. The attached images are whats in the zip file and what RTB said I did wrong.

delete these files:
SimpleTunnelLarge.txt
SimpleTunnelSmall.txt

Add the skybox files to your map folder, since its not part of the blockland default, and fix the path in your .mis file.

Either include the detail image in the map folder
  -or-
fix the spelling so it uses whats included with blockland's default files.
You should be able to brows the files Blockland\data to see whats actually there, and then fix things.

Then regenerate the zip file without the mac specific stuff (.DS_Store, _macosx).  how you go about this, I dont know.

delete these files:
SimpleTunnelLarge.txt
SimpleTunnelSmall.txt
The SimpleTunnelLarge.txt and SimpleTunnelSmall.txt are interiors Ostinyos made for me.

Add the skybox files to your map folder, since its not part of the blockland default, and fix the path in your .mis file.
Do I add the folder with the files in it or just the files? and how do I fix the path with my .mis file?

Either include the detail image in the map folder
  -or-
fix the spelling so it uses whats included with blockland's default files.
You should be able to brows the files Blockland\data to see whats actually there, and then fix things.
Whats this mean?

The SimpleTunnelLarge.txt and SimpleTunnelSmall.txt are interiors Ostinyos made for me.
The "tunnel" .txt files are not needed - just delete them.  If you dont believe me, try your map without them to see what doesnt work.

Do I add the folder with the files in it or just the files? and how do I fix the path with my .mis file?
Either way will work.  Pick one.  Just make sure your map references the correct skybox files when your done.  you fix the path in the same place where you put in the skybox.

Whats this mean?
open your map in the mission editor, and fix the detail texture.  there should be a browse or [...] button or something that will open a window so you can find where the details file actually is.

open your map in the mission editor, and fix the detail texture.  there should be a browse or [...] button or something that will open a window so you can find where the details file actually is.
I still don't get this.

I still don't get this.
I dont know how else to explain it

I still don't get this.

Your directory for the detail texture is off... find it in your actual Blockland folder and then write in the correct directory.

Your directory for the detail texture is off... find it in your actual Blockland folder and then write in the correct directory.
1. I don't even know what a directory for the detail texture is.
2. idk where to find it in my blocklamd folder or how to write in the correct directory.

1. I don't even know what a directory for the detail texture is.
2. idk where to find it in my blocklamd folder or how to write in the correct directory.

The directory for the detail texture is like "blockland/base/data/missions/detail1" <-- that actually is the correct directory.
It must be exactly that to work properly (you are using a default texture).

Also, the directory is precisely where you find it in your Blockland folder - then you just type that in to the map's mission.

The directory for the detail texture is like "blockland/base/data/missions/detail1" <-- that actually is the correct directory.
It must be exactly that to work properly (you are using a default texture).

Also, the directory is precisely where you find it in your Blockland folder - then you just type that in to the map's mission.
Done.
D: now I have even more problems.

1. Get rid of _MacOSX from the folder
2. Put in a description file for the map
3. The reference point for Sky_Blue2 should be "base/data/skies/Sky_Blue2/resource.dml"
4. Detail texture reference point should be "base/data/terrains/default"

I have a feeling that the fact you are making this map on a Mac is interfering with this...