Author Topic: Why does the terrain turn light blue?  (Read 2595 times)

Some times when i download a map with terrain it turns out all light blue, but this map i put into blockland from rtb to see if it'd still work right, but then when i spawned, i see all the terrain was light blue, why?

I'd fix it, but my editor doesn't wanna show up sometimes

that looks like blue carpet.
sorry, but idk anything about modding

You must of did some thing funky when you pressed Alt Tab or the Detail file is like that.

Or maybe its a case of a transfer from 0002 to Retail.

its the transfer. theres no data/terrains folder, instead theres a base/data/terrains. it can't find the terrain textures.

make the new folder path?

no
NO
NOOO
me mapper :P

you need to edit the fog
THE FOG IS TOO LOW!
DUH
or reset the terrains detail map..though this would not do somthing like this
so its the fog

its not the fog. i tried porting rtb maps to retail, each one of them had blue terrain with weird lines spanning them.

AHHHH

YOU POST THE .MIS AND .TER FILES THEN

you could try downloading rtb and porting the maps yourself but if your too lazy i'll get some screenshots.

OH I SEE KNOW
AHHH
change the image terrain files to 256x256 .pngs

No, it has to do with terrain conversion between different versions of Torque.

Re-texture or reconstruct the terrain. If you want the exact terrain from the old map, export a height field from the old map and use it to generate the new terrain, then texture it yourself.

I'm not sure what the exact problem is with the terrain, since I haven't tried porting a map yet. But that should fix it.

or go to the terrian painter and rechoose the textures

Are you guys mental? It does that because any texture it can't find it replaces with the blue. It cannot find detail01 (Almost certainly the most common in RTB maps) and so replaces it with blue.