Author Topic: Add-on Scripter  (Read 2471 times)

i think that if it had things like making something admin only, it might work, as that effects a whole function, gong around the outside of it (normaly)

i think that if it had things like making something admin only, it might work, as that effects a whole function, gong around the outside of it (normaly)
Why would it be admin only? It's an entirely separate program.

Why would it be admin only? It's an entirely separate program.
I think he meant the ability to make a function admin-only.

Also, I could probably do this if I had some help from someone more experienced with what functions there are, etc.

I don't really see this worth the amount of work necessary
Tons of work to get it looking nice, working in a very user friendly way, and to incorporate many, many script possibilities.
And for what? Probably just a bunch of stuffty 5 minute add-ons from people who couldn't bother to take the time to learn how to script.
I couldn't see any of the good add-on makers (at least I wouldn't) bothering with them. You'd have to learn something knew, figure out how to make it do what you already know how to do. Even people who don't know TorqueScript would stil have to learn it if they want to be good, because things like this can not cover every single thing possible to do with a language.

Maybe just a weapon/vehicle generator that you fill in text boxes and check a few boxes to add some very common features like reloading. That wouldn't be a lot of work at all. (EDIT: I just realized that was exactly what the OP suggested and the ideas of more advanced scripting features were more recent comments. Oh well)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 09:22:48 PM by Headcrab Zombie »

I don't really see this worth the amount of work necessary
Tons of work to get it looking nice, working in a very user friendly way, and to incorporate many, many script possibilities.
And for what? Probably just a bunch of stuffty 5 minute add-ons from people who couldn't bother to take the time to learn how to script.
I couldn't see any of the good add-on makers (at least I wouldn't) bothering with them. You'd have to learn something knew, figure out how to make it do what you already know how to do. Even people who don't know TorqueScript would stil have to learn it if they want to be good, because things like this can not cover every single thing possible to do with a language.

Maybe just a weapon/vehicle generator that you fill in text boxes and check a few boxes to add some very common features like reloading. That wouldn't be a lot of work at all. (EDIT: I just realized that was exactly what the OP suggested and the ideas of more advanced scripting features were more recent comments. Oh well)
Problem is, even if I wanted to learn TorqueScript I can't because there isn't even a good API reference.

Problem is, even if I wanted to learn TorqueScript I can't because there isn't even a good API reference.
it seems to be rather similar in syntax as C++
at least in my limited experience with only for loops and other similar things
also, for some reason i seem to rarely use while loops :D

it seems to be rather similar in syntax as C++
at least in my limited experience with only for loops and other similar things
also, for some reason i seem to rarely use while loops :D
for loops are just so much more useful for me.

it seems to be rather similar in syntax as C++
at least in my limited experience with only for loops and other similar things
also, for some reason i seem to rarely use while loops :D
He means the API, not the syntax. Like there's no thorough explanation of all the functions in the game.





Bumping for some obscure reason.

Whats the fun of making the addon without the coding?

Making add-ons (for BL at least) is already redicliously easy if you know what the forget you're doing.
This would require a lot of work, and not do much good.