Author Topic: Add-on Scripter  (Read 2465 times)

Due to the recent help topic stating a Add-on maker exsisted. (Which I doubt btw) I find this would be a good idea.

It would be a program separate from blockland, and how it would work is you just assemble a bunch of pieces together to get your result.
Kinda like Dreamweaver or our friendly event system. You just drag certain components, such as projectile properties, or weapon firerates, or tool functions and set certain values for each. And boom. Press a key and it creates a script for the weapon. The only thing you need to do is model the weapon. (or bribe a friend).

Seems like a good thing to me, and considering it doesn't have to run on tourqescript, it seems very possible.

Change the title to automatic add-on scripter. But this is almost out of reach. It would be cool though.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 03:13:22 AM by CookizMonster »

Well, I don't think that the modeling should be part of the program.  Modeling should be learned.  The scripting part, however, would be a decent addition.

Well, I don't think that the modeling should be part of the program.  Modeling should be learned.  The scripting part, however, would be a decent addition.
I never said it was part of the program.

I never said it was part of the program.
just assemble a bunch of pieces together to get your result.


I meant like where you drag and drop a bunch of little tabs that each have different preferences to affect the script.

Not models.

This is actually a really good idea.


This could somewhat be done with adding a GUI event thing that automatically creates functions when you click on a button.

Kind of like Game Maker?

Kind of like Game Maker?
Yes. That's it.
Perfect way to explain it all.

something like this could result in 15 new bland add-ons a week if it was released to the public

I think this is an interesting idea. Might actually try.
Anyone here who is good with .NET unit tests?

http://platinumblockland.weebly.com/downloads.html Right now that is the best one you can get.  :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: for me!!!


http://platinumblockland.weebly.com/downloads.html Right now that is the best one you can get.  :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: for me!!!
I honestly am getting a bit tired of you.