Author Topic: Soft Landing W/ Moding help  (Read 3348 times)

there should be a brick that in wrench options it will not hurt you if your flying to fast or falling to fast, it would work like for elevator shafts, those wierd slope ramps (you know, the one with only 70 degrees angles?). thats how i see it, give your opinion and if it should be reccomended
i need someone to tell me or atleast a tuteral of making mods couse im tired of suggesting and i want to make a diffrence in this blockland community. i also would like the program name if it is a program.

there should be a helecopter or hover plane to take off

I suggest you start learning Torque script.

Well for planes it is easy to land..but umm..just take off fall damage to make it where you don't die.. I wish that there was a way you can make slides turn on a corner without doing it where you drop and slide into another slide..

no wrong idea, i ment that when you are on jetpack and you let go you fall on a designated brick where you don't get hurt. not a soft landing for planes

@spartan: k, is there a program to this and what do i have to do to make for example, a gun. and is there a tuteral?

Simple. Just do a modification to the onImpact of PlayerStandardArmor. I can make something real quick in a few minutes maybe...

@spartan: k, is there a program to this and what do i have to do to make for example, a gun. and is there a tuteral?

I don't know much, but the weapons in Blockland use Torque script.
I also don't where or how would you start learning it, but by looking at the .cs files of the weapons in your addons folder, it seems pretty simple.

k when you say "look" what do you mean?
and milkshape is for makeing the stuff like weapons right?

Milkshape is only used to actually place joints on your weapons and vehicles, so your block dude sits at the right place, so the wheels are at the right place, hold the weapon in the right place, and the weapon shoots in the right place.
You can do the actually modeling in almost any program, as long as it can export into Milkshape friendly format.

If you go to C:\program files\Blockland\Addons
You will see a bunch of .cs files.
Open one up in Notepad, and you will see what Torque script is.
I suggest your ask someone who knows Torque script on where to start learning if you really want to.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 04:41:29 PM by Spartan300 »

k thanks spartan, you aretruly helpfull when your not dissing someone off.

lol, thanks :D

And I made a slight mistake in the last post, open up the .cs files in Notepad, not Blockland.
Sorry if that sorta confused you. *fixed now*

I think pretty much covers what you wanted...shoot something, wont effect fall damage. Shoot again and its normal. Should work fine. Just shoot the brick you want to become "soft."
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 05:30:48 PM by Aloshi »

Oops, seems I made a mistake with it. I'll fix the other post.