Author Topic: They're legalizing mariuana?  (Read 30676 times)

I like how the credit for artists' works are being given to marijuana, as if they couldn't have done the same exact thing without weed.

I like how the credit for artists' works are being given to marijuana, as if they couldn't have done the same exact thing without weed.

That's not really the point, the point is that it was done with Cannabis. You just seem to find something wrong with anything in relation to Cannabis. :/

That's not really the point, the point is that it was done with Cannabis. You just seem to find something wrong with anything in relation to Cannabis. :/

It doesn't make any sense how it's related. It's like people trying to prove a link between video games and violent behavior and they're like "THIS SERIAL KILLER HAD AN XBOX IN HIS HOUSE, THAT WAS OBVIOUSLY RESPONSIBLE."

It doesn't make any sense how it's related. It's like people trying to prove a link between video games and violent behavior and they're like "THIS SERIAL KILLER HAD AN XBOX IN HIS HOUSE, THAT WAS OBVIOUSLY RESPONSIBLE."
"THIS SERIAL KILLER ACTED OUT THE ACTIONS OF THIS SCENE IN THIS GAME THAT IS STILL IN HIS XBOX, WHERE HE HAD A SAVED TEXT FILE SAYING IT WAS THE GAME'S FAULT, THAT WAS OBVIOUSLY RESPONSIBLE"

Except it's not. It's pretty easy to create that type of dumbass mentality and invent attitudes of people you've never met. Yes, there are SOME starfishs who smoke to look cool, or smoke specifically to break the law, but I have news for you: A large portion of the population smokes. Not just starfish kids, I'm talking adults, using responsibly in their own homes, people who live perfectly normal lives, adults that have children and live wealthily or happily, people who have made the world a better place. I know for a fact, not via proxy, because some of the other parents in my wealthy middle-upper class primarily white neighborhood do it too. Saying you "don't like people who smoke pot" is extremely arrogant and extremely ignorant, and is offensive to those of us who don't act like roosterbags, and enjoy weed without causing trouble for everyone else. Get off your high horse you douchebag, you're not better than the kids who broadcast the fact that they smoke to look cool, you're just as unlikable and just as ignorant.
Adding to this:
It's also like saying you don't like anyone who owns a dog just because they own a dog.
(As another point of view)

I did not, absolutely did not say that the majority of pot smokers were annoying teenagers. What I am saying is that everyone I've ever met that smokes pot is an idiot. Every teenager I know that smokes pot smokes it to be cool. EVERYONE THAT I PERSONALLY KNOW IS AN IDIOT. NOT EVERYONE WHO SMOKES POT IS AN IDIOT, JUST THE PEOPLE I COME INTO CONTACT WITH. God damn you forgeters need to stop being such bleeding heart bastards and think that an attack against a minority of people is an attack against everyone.

I wasn't aware that Video games had a chemical effect on an individuals mind, being high has a unique benefit, a benefit in which everything seems to 'click' or come right to you. The majority of my Lua skills were learned while under the influence of Cannabis.

The problem is with making is available to everyone isn't bad because of health effects, but because of the way it's used. Every time someone goes into detail explaining why a part of marijuana is bad, it usually revolves around "it's good if you know what you're doing". Well, guess what: not everyone knows what their doing with drugs. You make it available to everyone, and suddenly you have people doing it the "wrong way". There's also the thing where someone tries marijuana, isn't affected, thinks he/she has been lied to about all drugs, and proceeds to ruin their own life.

I wasn't aware that Video games had a chemical effect on an individuals mind, being high has a unique benefit, a benefit in which everything seems to 'click' or come right to you. The majority of my Lua skills were learned while under the influence of Cannabis.
It's okay. Stocking's stupidity is directly related to his Pony fandom so he doesn't know any better.

also $5 says furcigarette above me has never smoked pot

also $5 says furcigarette above me has never smoked pot
You're correct, but missed my point. Re-read my post.

I was talking about me never doing pot :v

The problem is with making BIKES available to everyone isn't bad because of health effects, but because of the way BIKES ARE used. Every time someone goes into detail explaining why a part of RIDING BIKES IS UNSAFE, it usually revolves around "it's good if you know what you're doing". Well, guess what: not everyone knows what their doing with BICYCLES. You make it available to everyone, and suddenly you have people RIDING BIKES the "wrong way". There's also the thing where someone tries RIDING BIKES, DOESN'T BREAK THEIR NECK, thinks he/she has been lied to about all RECREATIONAL VEHICLES, and proceeds to ruin their own BODY.
need I say more?
stupid forgets will be stupid, stuff happens.

The problem is with making is available to everyone isn't bad because of health effects, but because of the way it's used. Every time someone goes into detail explaining why a part of marijuana is bad, it usually revolves around "it's good if you know what you're doing". Well, guess what: not everyone knows what their doing with drugs. You make it available to everyone, and suddenly you have people doing it the "wrong way". There's also the thing where someone tries marijuana, isn't affected, thinks he/she has been lied to about all drugs, and proceeds to ruin their own life.

I agree to an extent, I hope that Cannabis will be regulated more-so then Alcohol and Cigarettes but I also don't want to jump through a dozen of bureaucratic loops. But then again, people that eat to much become obese, people that play video-games to much tend to develop reclusive attributes, people that excessively exercise tend to believe that life is only about fitness, and the same can be said about many things, however, in the end the responsibility will be up to the individual.

Legalizing it? In Arizona medical marijuana is legal to people with registered cards or something.
That reminds me of the one south park episode, where they turn the KFC into a Medical Marijuana store. Lol.

Those are entirely different though. Marijuana is something that can cause much more damage, especially considering the gateway effect I mentioned. Bicycles actually do something helpful, compared to recreational Marijuana.

stupid forgets will be stupid, stuff happens

i am cool now
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 02:22:45 AM by Narkro555 »