Author Topic: Tunnel under the English Channel (WIP) small update  (Read 5510 times)

fishpen0

So I was thinking of creative ways to use some new vehicles and something "original" at the same time... Then I decided to build a tunnel underwater...then decided to make the water the English channel...then decided to make it connect England to the rest of Europe...Then I realized I was building a Tunnel under the English Channel... Heres some pics

*"Tunnel under the English Channel" Is not affiliated with the Chunnel in any way*
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 05:44:34 PM by fishpen0 »

why does it look like the bricks are IN the ground, or is it just me, good job so far btw

Where is the water?

It just looks like to parallel tunnels in the middle of the desert to me, although they are nice tunnels.

it looks nice, i just see no point to where it leads.
anyhow, nine point five out of ten.

fishpen0

Remember it is a work in progress, and about the bricks being in the ground is because the desert road map is a little strange that way...This is just the tunnel, I will be adding large areas of land along with a station on both ends and of course the very massive English Channel in the middle.  I will be running a server for a while if you would like to come and check it out.

yaaay channel tunnel!

Somewhere to france!

Dover is it? Dover to Calais? AMIRITE?

Sire, those coloured fibre cheques shant be enough!

fishpen0

Heres an update...Going up...

I have been working on the tunnel to the surface, and I was wondering if it should be taller... It just means it would be more realistic and more work for me, along with less bricks to work with when building the land masses and stations.

Another view:

A service tunnel:

And the incredibly long strip of yellow decals on those tiny little decal bricks that took a whole day to place and I still need to do the other side:

Please rate (still keep in mind anything I may have previously posted about the construction.)

Nice,  Very nice I like it.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 10:02:41 AM by star9578 »

How long did you spend applying those Decals lol.

I think he said a day! lol.

fishpen0

The other end of the tunnel is officially done. :cookieMonster:

No new pics.

So unless someone decides that the tunnel ramps need to go up higher, I will start the end tunnels and the station by the end of today.