Author Topic: A good gaming desktop around $300?  (Read 2140 times)

I want recommendations on a good gaming desktop around $300 that can run most modern games fast. (Oblivion on high settings or Left 4 Dead 2 on high settings would be nice)

What do you think about this too?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883147511

Graphics: Integrated NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE

I don't think you could run Left 4 Dead 2 on integrated graphics.

I want recommendations on a good gaming desktop around $300 that can run most modern games fast. (Oblivion on high settings or Left 4 Dead 2 on high settings would be nice)
For $300? You won't get stuff

With a $300 budget, you're not going to be able to make a gaming PC.

integrated and gaming dont come hand in hand.
its possible to build a very low end comp that can play orange box era games.
but really it's lifetime with modern games is already over.

With a $300 budget, you're not going to be able to make a gaming PC.
I second this, i have a 300$ laptop and i can barely run everquest 2 on minimum.

You will not build something worth gaming on for $300

I don't think you could run Left 4 Dead 2 on integrated graphics.
It's possible to run it on a 6150/6200, I have before, but it lacks Shader Model 2.0, so everything is super bright. As well as the ~20fps on low detail, lol.

I used to have a computer with a geforce 6150SE

I could do a lot of things with it, i dont know what you guys are talking about.

I could run GMod, Half life, i could run a lot of games, but not on the best quality.

I used to have a computer with a geforce 6150SE

I could do a lot of things with it, i dont know what you guys are talking about.

I could run GMod, Half life, i could run a lot of games, but not on the best quality.
That's what we are talking about. GMod runs on a 2004 engine. Half life is earlier. Old games, not even on max detail.

That's what we are talking about. GMod runs on a 2004 engine. Half life is earlier. Old games, not even on max detail.

It ran L4D 1 and the demo of L4D 2 pretty well.

Your processor alone will cost over $100.
And a decent graphics card about $100
Leaving $100 or less, not enough for a motherboard, RAM, or a HDD.

I would save up.

If you plan on spending money later, I'd say spend most of that money on a computer with a good CPU and amount of RAM and wimp out on the graphics card, then come back to it later with more money.