Author Topic: 5 things wrong with The USA.  (Read 5332 times)

1. We may be losing our freedom but it doesn't seem that too many people care about it considering that they (and you, i assume) still live here.
2. I think many people have already established this point, but I'll reiterate: half is not all. Besides, in other countries I'm sure that they have their dumb people, too.
3. Your point is not saying that we as Americans don't care about our money; in fact, I do believe many people care about their money in this country, or else we would have more successful charity associations. It's that the government only cares about how big their sum of money is in their budget, and that relies on taxing people. However if we don't pay the taxes, bad stuff happens (cars or houses taken, bank accounts freezed, sent to jail), so it's pretty much them forcing us to pay them for wars.
4. I'm highly doubting your evidence, but that's alright. I agree, and why not: we're a country and we should in some way be connected, whether it's by patriotism or some sport or something. If you don't want to take part in any US holidays (memorial day, etc) then you don't have to. It's not like they're going to knock on your door and take you to jail for not doing stuff on memorial day. In fact, all I do on memorial day is invite a friend over because it's a day off of school, why the hell not? but as i said before i'm really doubting your evidence.
5. and this is why, if you're not one of those people who's in the dumb half of USA, you should multi-check your sources. also, this is why i'm doubting your evidence about #4.

Honestly, I don't see what the hype is about in this topic. I'm not going to leave the USA as soon as possible just because of some rights claims and stuff. If it does dramatically get worse, I might think about it, but I can see where they're coming from with S.978 and i'm not saying I agree with it, but I don't quite see what's that bad about it; aren't videos already being taken down or audio-swapped on youtube for having unauthorized songs? Sure, going to jail may be a bit more.. "bad", let's say, but still. Haven't you already learned your lesson about uploading videos that contain copyrighted songs?

I agree with most stuff OP said, other than the government was involved in 9/11.  I'm a fire fighter, so I look at buildings and how they are built (stability wise).  The World Trade Center Twin Towers fell straight down, which is not possible from melting/fire/debris.  It had to have been helped with explosives of some kind.
while i absolutely agree with you, i don't understand your point here, please do explain.
Also with Americans being dumb, only 1 in 4 Americans know what country we claimed our independence from.  Yeah it was Britain.  And also No Child Left Behind is pretty handicapped.
and this is why the government supports patriotism. i think this fact is more based on either people's willingness to remember stuff like that and/or people's want to learn stuff like that. if they wanted to learn about the USA, they probably would. but americans generally don't (myself included, even though i know quite a bit about the USA)
Fox news AND MSNBC are both corrupt on the opposite sides of the spectrum.  I tend to watch CNN more because it stays neutral on most things.
my parents watch like, channel 5 or something, but they hate fox and nbc
yes, it's called "channel 5 news"

I agree with most stuff OP said, other than the government was involved in 9/11.  I'm a fire fighter, so I look at buildings and how they are built (stability wise).  The World Trade Center Twin Towers fell straight down, which is not possible from melting/fire/debris.  It had to have been helped with explosives of some kind.
Quote from: Maddox, http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=911_morons
Further Reading:

For anyone interested in a point-by-point debunking of some of the most popular conspiracy theories out there (like the fact that steel melts at 1525° C, and although jet fuel burns only at 825° C, it doesn't have to burn hot enough to melt to cause the buildings to collapse, since steel loses 50% of its strength at 648 ° C), check out the following links:

National Institute of Standards and Technology: Fact Sheet
Popular Mechanics
Loose Change guide
dur duhur government kills peopl!!

For the record, also, the WTC buildings are pretty damn heavy being the former tallest in New York.

I agree with 1 and 3. However, #2 and #4 are both conspiracy theories. And please, for godssake, don't judge the overall media on loving Fox News. Fox is so obviously partisan and agenda-driven

Anyone that thinks that our government is competent enough to pull off something as elaborate as the 9/11 attack is a loving moron.

Hello there.

What? You didn't expect me to be here? Man, I'm drawn to these threads like a mouse to cheese.

Time to start debunki-

Nevermind.

I'll just wait for another argument to pop up.

The U.S. population is now so, Eh, can't find the words, easily misleaded into things that politicians say. They don't take the time to research up on what they are saying, they just blindly follow them.

Some people vote for presidents just for their cosmetic appearance! My teacher said that he was talking to a woman, and she said that she was going to vote for Obama because she would forget him. He didn't say the word, he just implied it. I hope to god not many people are like that, or this country is screwed.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 08:41:17 AM by Jorici »

Okay, guys, i'm going to lock this because I forgot the reason I even made it. A lot of people have made some great points in here though, it changed my view on the government a bit.