Author Topic: I need a new antivirus. Suggest me one.  (Read 1233 times)

Recently, my PC's been giving me things at random saying "An unauthorized change has been made to Windows", and it always happened if I logged in too fast, or if I tried to run the WGA Diagnostics tool, which would first pop up "Genuine", but then show "Invalid License" until I restarted.

Not a big deal because I know for a fact that my copy of Windows is legal and it didn't bug me that it thought it wasn't genuine, but it wouldn't let me access the control panel. So, I tracked down what was causing it, and it lead straight to Avast. I uninstalled it, and sure enough, problem solved. It was good using you Avast, too back you suck now.

Anyway, I need a new antivirus, as I'm currently without one. It has to be free, don't suggest Norton or McAfee or I will laugh at your stupidity, and it has to work well. Give me suggestions.

Malwarebytes anti malware

owait

its not free

Malwarebytes anti malware

owait

its not free

Yeah, the free version doesn't have real-time scanning. If it did, I'd totally go for it, as I use it often to clean stuff off of other people's PC's.

I use Avast!

Does its job.

I use Avast!

Does its job.

...but did you read the OP and why I uninstalled Avast

:U

ChrisBro's Super Computer Reliever

...but did you read the OP and why I uninstalled Avast

:U
Oh uh, yeah. I see that now.

Anyway, it's never given me any problems, but my buddy uses AVG Free and he says that does the job.

AVG free edition + Spybot Seach and Destroy

Whats Microsoft's free antivirus called?

If you want something FLOSS then you might want to take a look at ClamAV/ClamWin, although it doesn't have real-time scanning.

Personally, I use ZoneAlarm Extreme Security, but the free edition only contains a firewall.

Whats Microsoft's free antivirus called?
Microsoft Security Essentials.

Oh uh, yeah. I see that now.

Anyway, it's never given me any problems, but my buddy uses AVG Free and he says that does the job.

I forgot about AVG, it's what I used before Avast. However, I forgot, does it have a real-time scanner?

I forgot about AVG, it's what I used before Avast. However, I forgot, does it have a real-time scanner?
I dunno, I use Avast

I dunno, I use Avast

Alright, well I'll figure that out myself.
Actually, Avira looks pretty good too.
No forget it I'm trying AVG since Avira is taking too long to download.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 10:54:21 AM by Miga »

Trend Micro's got real-time scanning, might wanna look it up.