stop being so depressed lol

Author Topic: stop being so depressed lol  (Read 1407 times)

It's an insult, punch him!

Depression isn't a state of mind you handicaps, it's a psychological disorder. It can be treated, but it's not as simple as "GET OVER IT". It sickens me that, even today, people like you STILL have no loving clue about a disorder so prevalent in today's society. Sometimes, depression is so horrifyingly bad, that people literally cannot coax their own body to move from their bed for WEEKS at a time. It's NOT a placeholder word for pessimism, it's NOT a throw-in word to describe being negative or sad. It causes Self Delete in thousands of people each year, even though it's treatable, because no one seems to know when stuff just isn't okay. People don't just "stop" being depressed, they can't be told to, it's a loving disorder; much like schizophrenia.

I used to be a "depressed" "emo"

Then I realized how much of a friend I was
You were never depressed you forgettard
Well, some people like being depressed.

I'm like nearly always optimistic though.
No one "likes" being depressed.
When I'm depressed I listen to Still Alive. Then I just start smiling and remember it's not the end of the world, I'm Still Alive and everything isn't so bad. c:
Depression is not an emotion holy forget.
Just listen to Nyan cat when you're depressed. Work. Every. Time.
YOU'RE NOT DEPRESSED.

Note the " "
I never said I was
No need to be an ass.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 02:05:52 PM by zookuw »

Yuki is right. Depression is a bitch.

Yuki, the word, "depressed" in this context is being used to express  great sadness. Not psychological disease. If it really bothers you so much, you should go hang with the people in the back of the room that are offended by the words, "handicap" and, "cigarette". Stop hopping on people's asses just because you dislike an brown townogy. We're not trying to offend depressed people.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 02:09:15 PM by SeventhSandwich »

Yuki, the word, "depressed" in this context is being used to express  great sadness. Not psychological disease. If it really bothers you so much, you should go hang with the people in the back of the room that are offended by the words, "handicap" and, "cigarette". Stop hopping on people's asses just because you dislike an brown townogy.
de·pres·sion/diˈpreSHən/Noun
1. Severe despondency and dejection, accompanied by feelings of hopelessness and inadequacy.
2. A condition of mental disturbance, typically with lack of energy and difficulty in maintaining concentration or interest in life.  

It wouldn't piss me off so much if the word wasn't misused so often, and the concept wasn't so alien to people. "handicap" isn't the same type of concept because "handicap" actually has quite a few meanings, and "mentally handicapped" denotes specificity. "Depression" is constantly being used as some sort of umbrella term, when it's not. It's not an brown townogy, and I'm not pissed off that you're "offending the depressed" or some bullstuff. I'm pissed off that you idiots are using terminology for a mental disorder that actively kills people to denote your trivial middle-upper class teenage quandaries. i.e. janet is so depresed her bf jus brok up wit her
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 02:13:37 PM by yuki »

de·pres·sion/diˈpreSHən/Noun
1. Severe despondency and dejection, accompanied by feelings of hopelessness and inadequacy.
2. A condition of mental disturbance, typically with lack of energy and difficulty in maintaining concentration or interest in life.  

It wouldn't piss me off so much if the word wasn't misused so often, and the concept wasn't so alien to people. "handicap" isn't the same type of concept because "handicap" actually has quite a few meanings, and "mentally handicapped" denotes specificity. "Depression" is constantly being used as some sort of umbrella term, when it's not. It's not an brown townogy, and I'm not pissed off that you're "offending the depressed" or some bullstuff.
So therefore when I call someone a stupid cigarette I'm saying they are an unintelligent cigarette?

"Depression" is constantly being used as some sort of umbrella term, when it's not. It's not an brown townogy, and I'm not pissed off that you're "offending the depressed" or some bullstuff.
No, it's used as an brown townogy. And yes you are pissed that I'm, "offending" them because no one would bitch this much about questionable grammar/context.
Observe:

the definition of an brown townogy is:
a similarity between like features of two things, on which a comparison may be based

Sadness is a symptom of depression. The person writing his/her post wants to really drive the point that they are sad. So they use the word, "Depressed" to help really assure people that their sadness is deep.

Why the forget does this piss you off again? If you're depressed, I have no clue why using your word as an brown townogy prompts you to receive some type of negative feedback from it. I'm getting this feeling that you're only responding to this to put attention on yourself so you receive pity. In which case you should leave the thread so it can go on with it's natural discussion topic.

you can't really stop slang from being used

nowadays a lot of people often use "depressed" to mean sadness a bit more sad than normal sad, and you cant just stop thousands of people from using the word in such a way

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=40174.msg624599#msg624599

Yuki said this.

Additionally, while searching for this post I found numerous posts of him bitching at other people for using the word, "Depressed".

Yuki said this.

Additionally, while searching for this post I found numerous posts of him bitching at other people for using the word, "Depressed".
« August 04, 2008, 05:29:39 PM »
har

Yuki said this.

I said that when I was 14, you literally looked up a topic from almost 4 years ago in order to prove a point about my opinion now. A++

People used the word depressed in a casual sense as a replacement for apathetic and pessimistic.

CAN YOU DEAL WITH IT

I said that when I was 14, you literally looked up a topic from almost 4 years ago in order to prove a point about my opinion now. A++

go away emo cigaretteot

Way to be a hypocrite.

You dismissed my post and called me a "forgettard" when my post was about me a few years back.