Author Topic: Steam downloads constantly suspending/pausing?  (Read 5265 times)

Well, I'm trying to download Mafia II, but every few minutes or so, it will either suspend itself or pause. Anyone know what the deal with this is?

Well, I'm trying to download Mafia II, but every few minutes or so, it will either suspend itself or pause. Anyone know what the deal with this is?

Ive had this happen to me, But I never found out how to fix it

Normally, downloads Suspend whenever you play another game through your Steam Library, or any game that requires Steam to launch.

Just click the Suspend button, it should turn into a pause.
Then click the pause, it'll continue the download.

Normally, downloads Suspend whenever you play another game through your Steam Library, or any game that requires Steam to launch.

Just click the Suspend button, it should turn into a pause.
Then click the pause, it'll continue the download.
I'm just cruising the internet and listening to some cool jams and it does it. I dont know what the hell's wrong with it.

Tom

The download will also suspend if the speed is 0 Bytes/S for a few seconds. It was happening to me too, the servers are just really slow tonight for some reason. I changed to a different nearby server and it didn't suspend as much.

The download will also suspend if the speed is 0 Bytes/S for a few seconds. It was happening to me too, the servers are just really slow tonight for some reason. I changed to a different nearby server and it didn't suspend as much.
Everyone must be downloading their stuff over night from the summer sale.

I have the same problem with Garrys Mod, I just finished CSS

steams content servers are being overloaded from this sale

NICK IS DOWNLOADING IT FOR THE research MAGAZINES

steams content servers are being overloaded from this sale
Late late late late.

Everyone must be downloading their stuff over night from the summer sale.

Any who, it's done now. I'm fine~