Author Topic: So I got an LG Vortex, and I have a question.  (Read 853 times)

Basically, I just got the LG Vortex, and my mother brought up that I'm supposed to charge the phone for a certain amount of time, like 12 hours or some stuff, before I start using it.
Do I have to do this? And if I do, how long?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 08:17:39 PM by Dropshock »

charge it till its done charging you spoiled brat

but who am i to tell you how to do your job

charge it till its done charging you spoiled brat

but who am i to tell you how to do your job
What. Take that stick out of your ass.
Also, I obviously knew that. Just my mother brought up something like 12 hours or some stuff before using it, I don't know what she was going on about.
Anyone know anything about this?

Usually 8 to 12 hours, depending on the model. Look in the book.

Just my mother brought up something like 12 hours or some stuff before using it, I don't know what she was going on about.
Anyone know anything about this?
wtf
wtf
wtf
what kinda phone needs to be charged for 12 hours

Oddly enough I wasn't able to find the manual that came with it. There were some shortcuts and tips booklets but nothing that was the actual manual.
Also that's ridiculous I want to use it now :(

Oddly enough I wasn't able to find the manual that came with it. There were some shortcuts and tips booklets but nothing that was the actual manual.
Also that's ridiculous I want to use it now :(
well she didnt emphasize on it so it must not be so crucially important

well she didnt emphasize on it so it must not be so crucially important
You're being an idiot so I'm not even going to listen to you.
Anyways, what are the effects of not charging it for the full time before you use it?

Anyways, what are the effects of not charging it for the full time before you use it?
Do it for at least 8 hours. Better safe than sorry.

If you don't, you'll have really bad battery life from it. As in, from a full charge, you'll get like less than half the time out of it.

Do it for at least 8 hours. Better safe than sorry.
Aaahhh I feel like that's just absolutely ridiculous. Oh well.

Depends, does it use lithium batteries?

You're being an idiot so I'm not even going to listen to you.
But I was being serious that time

people have this belief that you're not supposed to turn on your phone until the battery is fully charged, and you're not supposed to charge it the first day until the battery COMPLETELY dies.

IMO it's all bullstuff.

people have this belief that you're not supposed to turn on your phone until the battery is fully charged, and you're not supposed to charge it the first day until the battery COMPLETELY dies.

IMO it's all bullstuff.
I've used it while it was charging to activate it and such.
I did a bit of research just now and it turns out all that happens if you don't charge it for 12 hours is about an hour difference of battery life.
I can live with that.
Weeee android phone!

This is all first time speak. Shouldn't need THAT much after.