Will you come to my birthday party?

nope
79 (83.2%)
maybe
16 (16.8%)
sure
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 95

Author Topic: Escape Overlay Released [NARG]  (Read 472484 times)

Do you need Duplicator to load BuildBot duplications?

It would also be nice if it loaded events.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 05:58:28 AM by Demian »

Do you need Duplicator to load BuildBot duplications?

No, buildbot is 100% client sided and only requires that the server allows you to build for full functionality.
Simply bind a key to duplicate, highlight the brick you want to start the duplication with using your ghost brick, and press the keybind.

It would also be nice if it loaded events.
It does, but is not very polished especially in the light that I have gotten next to zero feedback about it.
They way it works is that you:
1. wrench a brick and open up the wrench events gui
2. While in the events gui, press your keybind to open up buildbot
3. Select the build that you want to load events from, then click Load>Load events
4. It will hopefully redirect you to a new gui with a long list of all the bricks in that file that have events, the type of brick, and what events are there.
     note: you can access this gui at any time by clicking the new "events" button on bottom of the buildbot v3 gui
5. Select the brick containing the desired events, and click "copy to events clipboard"
6. Close the buildbot gui and you should notice that the event gui is now magically filled with events and the "copy" option is checked.

that's dum

make it automatically pick the brick based on location + raycasts and stuff for when you click the wrench

that's dum

make it automatically pick the brick based on location + raycasts and stuff for when you click the wrench

Loading events is completely different from loading a build.  You can choose events out of a save file that you don't want the bricks from this way.
If you want to load events from a build you loaded, it really needs to be up to the user to be able to identify which set of events go where, there are too many problems with trying to make a client script do this.

New mini-mod release!

You know how annoying it can be to build things on a massive scale?  It helps to be able to float midair so you can see what you are doing, but jet controls are finicky and the player doesn't move very fast.  Being in orb mode is a huge improvement, but then when you turn, your brick shifts in the wrong direction and it can get very confusing!

This mod here makes it so the ghost brick shifts the correct direction while you are in orb mode, giving you the best of the best.  Turn as much as you like in orb mode, you will always know where your ghost brick is going to go!

It is client sided, you can use it on any server!

Click to download Orb Shift

requires adbin tho

I was hoping for an autojet upgrade :(

requires adbin tho

I was hoping for an autojet upgrade :(

lies and slander

Edit: crap it works in 15/16 directional combinations, lol fixing...

Okay fixed, I forgot to account for if the player is in direction 3 while the camera is in direction 0, because 0 isn't 1 greater than 3
The same download above will still work

Edit again: dammit apparently cameras invert themselves if you look perfectly up or perfectly down, now I need to argasdf fix
Edit moar: okay that is accounted for now too.  File is updated and now version 1.1
Above download still works, but here is another link because hello

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/20459676/Client_OrbShift.zip
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 03:02:47 PM by Nexus »

I have such a boner for you right now for making that addon.
._.

Is it a problem that I fixed SkyEye for my own personal use, and it no longer crashes on certain computers.
And I fixed Terragen.

Is it a problem that I fixed SkyEye for my own personal use, and it no longer crashes on certain computers.
And I fixed Terragen.
no, but bragging about it might be.

I'll sign up.
---
Email: jordon.brown@comcast.net
Forum Account: AtlasBlue
In Game Account: AtlasKnight
BL_ID: 10510
How much I play BL: My most played game. Best at it too.
Scripting/Modeling Knowledge: Not much, but plan to get into it more if I get help.
What time I play: I live in Texas and usually get on at 4PM until 9-10PM.
I'm planning to start Modeling or Scripting first, depending upon which is easiest.

Speaking of transparent windows

I want this so much.

It would make everything look better.

And I fixed Terragen.

I gave you a fixed version months ago, if you forgot about that you could have asked again.

I gave you a fixed version months ago, if you forgot about that you could have asked again.
No, your fixed version wasn't actually fixed!
Your fixed version was kind of fixed but it needed a different fix to really be fixed.
you know what I mean?