Will you come to my birthday party?

nope
79 (83.2%)
maybe
16 (16.8%)
sure
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 95

Author Topic: Escape Overlay Released [NARG]  (Read 467499 times)

Here it is. Btw I tryed it on freebuild single player, and on servers. Still same results.
Did you place the ghost brick of a baseplate?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 07:07:15 AM by jes00 »

When you say that it starts building but doesn't place any bricks, are you getting plant errors like Float and Overlap, or is BuildBot just shifting the ghost brick around without ever trying to plant a brick?

When you say that it starts building but doesn't place any bricks, are you getting plant errors like Float and Overlap, or is BuildBot just shifting the ghost brick around without ever trying to plant a brick?

Yes it still gives errors like "Overlap" and mostly "Float".

Did you place the ghost brick of a baseplate?

No, I placed a 2x2 ghost brick on the ground and hit load>bricks then it just throws the ghost around spamming me plant errors.

EDIT: I put a ghost baseplate down and now it works. Thanks.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 03:30:22 PM by pwningmachine1 »

Yeah your problem was most likely that you started the ghost brick not flat on the ground.  Either partially buried or slightly above.
There isn't much BuildBot can do about that lol.

I am having a problem with Build Bot. Anytime I try to load a personal save, its says all the bricks are MIA. I dont understand why. I can load default saves bbut not personal ones.

I am having a problem with Build Bot. Anytime I try to load a personal save, its says all the bricks are MIA. I dont understand why. I can load default saves bbut not personal ones.

I suggest going into options and making sure the option "auto pause" is enabled as well as "become first brick"
This will let you take a look after clicking the load bricks button to make sure you have your ghost brick placed and it is flat on the ground.

Are you getting plant errors while it is loading?

I suggest going into options and making sure the option "auto pause" is enabled as well as "become first brick"
This will let you take a look after clicking the load bricks button to make sure you have your ghost brick placed and it is flat on the ground.

Are you getting plant errors while it is loading?
It doesn't even attempt to place bricks. it just goes to the bricks are MIA prompt

It doesn't even attempt to place bricks. it just goes to the bricks are MIA prompt

Bricks being reported "MIA" by BuildBot means that it sent out a command to the server to place a brick, but did not receive any response back at all, be it a confirmed plant or a plant error.  This may mean that you failed to place a ghost brick on the ground at the start of buildbot, or that you do not have permission to even call servercmdplantbrick on the server.

I can buildbot default things though...
Thats what's weird only personal builds dont load...

I can buildbot default things though...
Thats what's weird only personal builds dont load...

Sounds like you aren't actually testing enough saves.  Default saves and saved saves are identical in structure.  The only thing that can cause BuildBot to jump straight to the MIA prompt is if there are zero bricks loaded.  This can happen one of two ways.

1. The save file literally contains no bricks.
2. None of the brick datablocks used in the save file are loaded onto the server.

Also, if you look carefully at the MIA prompt, it will actually tell you "## bricks are reported MIA for some reason"
Is that number zero, or what.  I've had people get confused before and not see the zero, and just think that it is telling them that some unknown number of bricks are missing.

Also make sure you have the latest update

Sounds like you aren't actually testing enough saves.  Default saves and saved saves are identical in structure.  The only thing that can cause BuildBot to jump straight to the MIA prompt is if there are zero bricks loaded.  This can happen one of two ways.

1. The save file literally contains no bricks.
2. None of the brick datablocks used in the save file are loaded onto the server.

Also, if you look carefully at the MIA prompt, it will actually tell you "## bricks are reported MIA for some reason"
Is that number zero, or what.  I've had people get confused before and not see the zero, and just think that it is telling them that some unknown number of bricks are missing.

Also make sure you have the latest update
IT says "bricks are reported MIA" no number at all...
It turns out that the save was corrupted. My bad
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 06:05:08 PM by firestorm »

Bump, because I hate to see all of this cool stuff flow away

I just had a idea to build EVENTS, when a brick that contains events needs to be planted, instead if the server has duplicator, look down and plant the brick there without events, then automatically wrench it (Your looking at the brick which is at your feet) then duplicate the brick after the events are applied, and then move the duplicated ghost brick to it's correct spot, and undo the brick at the player's feet!

« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 05:33:16 PM by Klocko² »

Bump, because I hate to see all of this cool stuff flow away

I just had a idea to build EVENTS, when a brick that contains events needs to be planted, instead if the server has duplicator, look down and plant the brick there without events, then automatically wrench it (Your looking at the brick which is at your feet) then duplicate the brick after the events are applied, and then move the duplicated ghost brick to it's correct spot, and undo the brick at the player's feet!

1. BuildBot is intended to be a completely client sided mod
2. That system would be extremely finicky and impractical
3. The duplicator already allows clients to upload save files to the server to be loaded I believe

I felt like bumping a topic today.

:)

I felt like bumping a topic today.

:)
Well then here, have a walrus