Will you come to my birthday party?

nope
79 (83.2%)
maybe
16 (16.8%)
sure
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 95

Author Topic: Escape Overlay Released [NARG]  (Read 467242 times)

Too all people arguing that this mod is abusive:
It is probably the single most abusive client side mod ever released.

However, that does not mean it is not a legitament tool for the everyday blockhead.  Macros come default with blockland, and are capable of being abused in the same ways.  Surely enough, there are people who do exactly that.  You know what happens to them?  They get kicked and banned from server after server until they decide that spamming their gay macro snake or dumb img2brick just isn't worth it.  Ephi himself released the macro saver/loader, which has the potential to be extremely abusive.  Are you really going to argue that I have crossed a line and gone too far?

I can make a server side mod that will break this in two minutes.  What will that get us?  Not only will that also break alot of other server side functionality, but I will then release a patch to BuildBot so it can work around the blocker.  In the end, the server loses a bunch of its functionality, and BuildBot still builds, although then it would lag the server considerably more with all the extra commands it needs to send.  No one is happy in that scenario.

*snip*
Its what he does. To be honest, I'm surprised ephi hasn't failbined this.

And also: A useful tool is not worth the price of its abuse.
Too all people arguing that this mod is abusive:
It is probably the single most abusive client side mod ever released.

However, that does not mean it is not a legitament tool for the everyday blockhead.  Macros come default with blockland, and are capable of being abused in the same ways.  Surely enough, there are people who do exactly that.  You know what happens to them?  They get kicked and banned from server after server until they decide that spamming their gay macro snake or dumb img2brick just isn't worth it.  Ephi himself released the macro saver/loader, which has the potential to be extremely abusive.  Are you really going to argue that I have crossed a line and gone too far?

Yes, yes we are, because you have gone too far. Just because the line isn't bold, doesn't mean it isn't still there. Ephi's macro saver was built for small builds as a replacement to the duplciator. How many people have you seen actively use image2brick? Most noobs don't have the intelligence to master either of these mods, but this one seems all too simple.

I can make a server side mod that will break this in two minutes.  What will that get us?  Not only will that also break alot of other server side functionality, but I will then release a patch to BuildBot so it can work around the blocker.  So in other words, you want to troll server hosts then? In the end, the server loses a bunch of its functionality, and BuildBot still builds, although then it would lag the server considerably more with all the extra commands it needs to send.  No one is happy in that scenario. All except the trolls who use it to ruin servers.
But, I suppose you can't really take it back. So in that aspect, I forgive you. But do us all a favor, and give server hosts back the control you stole from them.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 12:11:07 AM by Rykuta »

I can make a server side mod that will break this in two minutes.  What will that get us?  Not only will that also break alot of other server side functionality, but I will then release a patch to BuildBot so it can work around the blocker.  In the end, the server loses a bunch of its functionality, and BuildBot still builds, although then it would lag the server considerably more with all the extra commands it needs to send.  No one is happy in that scenario.
You see, this man is a CYBER VILLAN and he shouldn't be trifled with !

so are you threatening us with it or what

Then they're stuffty admins or hosts
Anything can be abused
Sure, blame the admins for not expecting a bunch of hyped up 8 year olds spamming snake saves and afgan dms or other default builds across a server.
And using the "Its a quickfix" excuse, is just that. An excuse to abuse. And if everything is so god damned abusive, why is it suddenly an issue now?

so are you threatening us with it or what

It is your choice to be threatened by it.  I am stating facts.

It's not a useful tool for most people, it's just an abusive nuisance!  We don't need stupid kids to load their builds!  That's why loading is admin only!  You're so loving dumb.  

Macros can not be abused nearly as much as this, macros take forever to spam with in a way that could legitimately affect the server past being an eyesore.  Stop using macro's as an example to back this up, that's bullstuff.  

Seriously think for a little while, how many people are going to use this productively compared to the amount that are going to troll and spam?

OK.  I'm sorry but I've been mistaken.  I just tested this and I didn't realize how it worked.  It macros out the build.  It doesn't instant load like a dupe save or anything, it literally builds in front of you.  This, now, is not very abusive.  I'm sorry for the misunderstanding and the bad names  :cookieMonster:

I just tested it on demo house, and it took me a good 30 seconds to build that, I can't imagine any total troll would be capable of loading afghan successfully without getting banned.  Also not loading any wrench properties, I can't see very much lag from it.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 01:00:31 AM by Jay the Cartoonist »

OK.  I'm sorry but I've been mistaken.  I just tested this and I didn't realize how it worked.  It macros out the build.  It doesn't instant load like a dupe save or anything, it literally builds in front of you.  This, now, is not very abusive.  I'm sorry for the misunderstanding and the bad names  :cookieMonster:

I just tested it on demo house, and it took me a good 30 seconds to build that, I can't imagine any total troll would be capable of loading afghan successfully without getting banned.  Also not loading any wrench properties, I can't see very much lag from it.
This.

It's not a useful tool for most people, it's just an abusive nuisance!  We don't need stupid kids to load their builds!  That's why loading is admin only!  You're so loving dumb.  

Macros can not be abused nearly as much as this, macros take forever to spam with in a way that could legitimately affect the server past being an eyesore.  Stop using macro's as an example to back this up, that's bullstuff.  

Seriously think for a little while, how many people are going to use this productively compared to the amount that are going to troll and spam?

Only 5 bricks per second?

You tell your fat BuildBot to get off his lazy butt and make you a damn kitchen, then make you a woman, then get the woman into the damn kitchen and build you a sandwich.

Only 5 bricks per second?

You tell your fat BuildBot to get off his lazy butt and make you a damn kitchen, then make you a woman, then get the woman into the damn kitchen and build you a sandwich.
haha, it was probably the server's brick per second limit :P

I have written and successfully tested a server mod that blocks BuildBot from functioning correctly on your server (toggleable).

Be warned: During the time when BuildBot is loading, I expect mods like this will actually lag your server slightly more during the actual loading time (which will also be longer), but the load will fail with almost no bricks loading correctly.  Most blockheads would not try to load again.  However, some bricks will still be planted, and the hordes of commands can still be spammed, so this is not an alternative for administration.  I would still reccommend the "ban-clear" method of dealing with abusers.

This will only be available through email request to me.
hoff121324@gmail.com

Nevermind, just grab it a few posts down

Edit:

I have also now finished the addition to buildbot which gives buildbot the option to use an alternate load method that can bypass the server sided load protection.  It also sends 3 additional commands to the server for every brick loaded, which really adds up.

Do server hosts really want this?

Another Edit:

Ok, this is weird, but the alternate loading sequence actually seems to have 0 effect on server lag (regular buildbot doesn't affect server lag either, but whatever) and it seems to actually be faster and more accurate, but that makes no sense.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 03:16:45 PM by Nexus »

oh my god
i hate this so much
help
people keep joining my server to place that god damn building from the bedroom
god damnitaaaaaa

It's neat but the players using it need to forget off.
you should add a file for servers that makes it so people can disable it from being used on their server.
because jesus christaaaaa
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 03:27:17 AM by skill4life »

oh my god
i hate this so much
help
people keep joining my server to place that god damn building from the bedroom
god damnitaaaaaa

It's neat but the players using it need to forget off.
you should add a file for servers that makes it so people can disable it from being used on their server.
because jesus christaaaaa

lol did you read the post right above yours?

Edit: I'm feeling nice
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 03:36:54 AM by Nexus »

lol did you read the post right above yours?
no i did not
i only came here to complain :C
you should add a function in it that automatically bans people who try to use it.
and then i'd love you forever.

Edit: I'm feeling nice
there a way to enable it without restarting my server because im lazyaaa