Will you come to my birthday party?

nope
79 (83.2%)
maybe
16 (16.8%)
sure
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 95

Author Topic: Escape Overlay Released [NARG]  (Read 467584 times)

... Hi, Dim.
... Hi, Dev.
Hueeee
ONTOPIC Nice, i was Wrong, this is VERY AFFECTIVE! :3

I am going to ignore further hostility towards people using BuildBot in general.  You are quickly becoming a pack of total handicaps if you cannot accept automated server commands.  There is nothing wrong with using BuildBot as a tool.  The issue is that people are tempted to use it to spam.  BuildBot is not going to lag a server.  Your main concern is almost undoubtedly a loss of control you want me to return.

I will not.  Deal with spammers the only way, ban and clear.
Also read my response to skill.

Love it.
It's almost like loading a saved duplication in any server, without the wrench events.
It also solves the problem of creating a macro and attempting to not turn, which can be very difficult sometimes.

Definitely one of my favorite client-side add-ons.

Now if only it could do wrench events.

I am going to ignore further hostility towards people using BuildBot in general.  You are quickly becoming a pack of total handicaps if you cannot accept automated server commands.  There is nothing wrong with using BuildBot as a tool.  The issue is that people are tempted to use it to spam.  BuildBot is not going to lag a server.  Your main concern is almost undoubtedly a loss of control you want me to return.

I will not.  Deal with spammers the only way, ban and clear.
Also read my response to skill.

its not the spamming, its the fact that people aren't BUILDING their stuff on your server, just loading it without you wanting them to.

so you would like to rebuild an awesome save for people to see that took hours upon hours of work? also, saying this is abusable is like saying building in general is abusable. you are able spam both ways.

so you would like to rebuild an awesome save for people to see that took hours upon hours of work? also, saying this is abusable is like saying building in general is abusable. you are able spam both ways.

i would rather have people be creative on my server then be lazy and load their saves on it. and a good builder can re-create what they made pretty well anyways.

i would rather have people be creative on my server then be lazy and load their saves on it. and a good builder can re-create what they made pretty well anyways.

but i like to be lazy >:(

Is there a specific reason you would rather people spent hours building, then not as much time actually participating in the rp/fortwars/dm/whatever?  I like buildbot for mini empires because I can load some buildings and put together a formidable empire in only 20 minutes, then go around and see all the other empires and wage wars right away with the admins who load their empires anyway.
Maybe the issue is with fairness, but how much of an issue is it really if everyone has access to BuildBot?

All BuildBot does is make it so that saves are like macros, the way I see it.

What if someone made a macro of a default save?

You'd be mad then, too, if this makes you mad.

I see no reason to dislike this, there's even a mod to prevent it and some default things.

Ban the player using them and clear their bricks if you don't like it.

If it isn't your server and you can't do anything about it, leave or ignore them. Report them to an admin.

Whatever.

I updated the counter-BuildBot file.

It is now called Server_BuildRestrictions, because that more appropriately describes it.
Type '/togbuildrestrictions' to enable building restrictions
The new command in it is '/buildspeed'
If you say a number at it, that becomes the new maximum build speed (in miliseconds)
If you leave the argument blank, it acts as a toggle.
100 ms is the default build speed.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 03:49:11 PM by Nexus »

What the forget have you done?

EDIT:
Ban the player using them and clear their bricks if you don't like it.

Saying "just ban them," to someone who just had an starfish load a 40 thousand brick save in his server is like saying "just dodge it" to someone who just got in the back of the head at point blank range.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 04:40:39 PM by StarHawk »

What the forget have you done?

EDIT:
Saying "just ban them," to someone who just had an starfish load a 40 thousand brick save in his server is like saying "just dodge it" to someone who just got in the back of the head at point blank range.

Dumb post of the day.

You don't understand how this mod works.

You probably have never used a macro either.
Ever tried spamming a server with macros?  It works until you get banned.

Afterthought:
Your brown townogy would be better if it was:
"...like saying 'just dodge it' to someone who just got in the path of a covered wagon pulled by three pigs down the road."

Seriously.  Just dodge it.  It would probably take over an hour, or even two hours if the connection to your server is slow, to load a 40,000 brick save through BuildBot.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 06:31:45 PM by Nexus »

I updated the counter-BuildBot file.

It is now called Server_BuildRestrictions, because that more appropriately describes it.
Type '/togbuildrestrictions' to enable building restrictions
The new command in it is '/buildspeed'
If you say a number at it, that becomes the new maximum build speed (in miliseconds)
If you leave the argument blank, it acts as a toggle.
100 ms is the default build speed.

I wonder what happens when you set it to -1. :cookieMonster: