Will you come to my birthday party?

nope
79 (83.2%)
maybe
16 (16.8%)
sure
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 95

Author Topic: Escape Overlay Released [NARG]  (Read 465100 times)

Weird.... There seems to be no existence of it on the game but its in the folder?

Check your console log to see if the game is trying to execute it or if you put it in the wrong place.

Version 1.2 Released
See changelog for more details.

good for u but has anyone seen spiderman DECALS if so give mah da link

I NEED SPARTA DECALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I NEED SPARTA DECALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol'd

Please go to the suggestions/requests section and make a thread there.
Also, decide if you want spiderman or Sparta

NICE! Finally it works in all directions!

And this cant be abused because there is a server mod that can disable it :D!

Great work!

NICE! Finally it works in all directions!

And this cant be abused because there is a server mod that can disable it :D!

Great work!
Changelog:

v1.1
 - Added option for an alternate load to negate effect of Server_NoBuildBot

:/

Sorry, my loyalty is to the server-goers of blockland.

And the server-goers will have no-where to go to if you piss off the server owners.

And the server-goers will have no-where to go to if you piss off the server owners.
So right

Please use a better namespace, that code is horrible. This is why conflicts between mods occur.

Please use a better namespace, that code is horrible. This is why conflicts between mods occur.

Every function has either a name with multiple words or starts with "buildbot_"
The names are absolutely fine.

I am going to assume there is maybe one function in particular that could be why you made this post.  If so, please share and I will likely change it.

The only two functions I can think of are "loadsavedata", since I am sure there are quite a few other client mods that load saved data, and "pendingresults", since it is somewhat vague.

Edit: oh my god, I cannot believe I left LoadingSO in there as the name
Thanks for pointing that out.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 08:10:19 PM by Nexus »

Wait, you made it so people can by-pass the nobuildbot file?
If so, forget you.

Wait, you made it so people can by-pass the nobuildbot file?
If so, forget you.

Right now, buildbot works like a super fast player building.  It isn't easy to test whether a client is botting or not.  If you want to specify exactly where you draw the line between building fast and botting, I could make something for you.  However, if I make a limit on how fast people can plant bricks, then that will mess up regular people that use the hold-enter-key-and-move-brick method.  If you want to filter how far people can shift bricks, it will mess up super-shift.

Also: Any options would almost certainly also break macros long before it affected BuildBot.

Really, the bad thing about buildbot is that it is a huge temptation to spam, saying "hey i gawt dis cul mod luk at me!"
Spamming is almost always impossible to tell from regular building via script, so it has always been the job of admins to decide when to fire the ban cannon and clear the person's bricks.  BuildBot is likely to lag your client while you use it, but not the server itself.  The only time it might lag the server is if the server is godawful with an extremely low ping, and actually cannot handle recieving 30+ servercmd's each second.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 08:15:25 PM by Nexus »

When will you make a event function that will add the events in your save? And yes I know that's abuseable so you can make an event prevention so it will prevent people from loading up their abusive events in whatever crap their loadin.

When will you make a event function that will add the events in your save? And yes I know that's abuseable so you can make an event prevention so it will prevent people from loading up their abusive events in whatever crap their loadin.

Since events are server sided, they cannot be directly loaded.

However, there is a client sided event loader that you can use to manually add the events in yourself without too much trouble.  I can have buildbot read the events in the save and create a .txt file for that mod, if you like.

Because of the potential spam of text documents, I should probably make it work differently, so the files are only their until you load a new save.