Will you come to my birthday party?

nope
79 (83.2%)
maybe
16 (16.8%)
sure
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 95

Author Topic: Escape Overlay Released [NARG]  (Read 466798 times)

Is there some other factor I'm forgetting that makes you believe that we really need them right on the dialog?
It took me a good couple minutes to find it.

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=276280.0

Could you update TMBI so that this is compatible?

Actually looking into it, I was wondering why it wouldn't work even if you turned on compatibility mode or whatever.  It turns out that this is because that mod figures out the currently used brickslot by looking at where the highlight box is positioned on the default gui (HUD_BrickActive.position), rather than referencing the built in variable ($CurrScrollBrickSlot).  Obviously this won't work since TMBI doesn't need to keep that gui updated.  I'll send him a PM asking him to make that fix.  Meanwhile I am basically rewriting TMBI from the ground up to make it have less aggressive packaging and overwriting, especially when it comes to scrolling.  I am also having it update some default things that it doesn't actually use purely for compatibility reasons, like calling buybricks and stuff.  Chances are that after all is said and done that mod should be compatible without any fix on his end.

No you covered it pretty well. I do seem to have a problem though where it forgets my setting when I restart Blockland.

Thanks for letting me know, I don't actually re-store default preferences in hopes that badspot has me covered.  I probably should just maintain my own saved variable and just set the default variable equal to that when needed.

It took me a good couple minutes to find it.

Fine maybe I can do something
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 04:23:08 AM by Nexus »

(nothing happens when you click Load)

(nothing happens when you click Load)

What exactly does "nothing" entail?  Does the gui not even close?  Does it close but not load anything?  In the picture you don't actually have a file selected, did you make sure to do that?

Oh, you aren't admin, of course you can't load anything.  Maybe I could not have it bypass the admin prompt, but meh.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 01:46:19 PM by Nexus »

Happy Modday everyone!  I have a whole bunch of stuff for you guys today.

1. Too Many Bricks Inventory version 3.0 Beta
This version doesn't look very different from the old version, but under the hood almost everything has been reworked.  This version should be much more stable and less buggy than any previous version, with a number of improvements to usability.  TMBI should now be much more compatible with other building mods, both client and server sided.  The Vanilla build mode now actually works lol.
TMBI now is modular and contains the following modules that can also be downloaded standalone.
Download: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20459676/Client_TMBI.zip

2. The Ghost Brick Mover
This lets you move your ghost brick around just by looking.  It is a fully client sided mod that was previously only available bundled with TMBI.  I have made a number of improvements, most notably that the ghost brick mover will now wait about half a second when you left click if you are placing your ghost brick manually before it kicks in.
Download: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20459676/Client_GhostMover.zip
(Note that this is included in Client_TMBI.  Having both doesn't hurt, but it doesn't do anything and might cause problems in future patches.)

3. Ctrl+Scrolling
This mod enables some shortcuts if you hold the ctrl key while scrolling.  For example, holding ctrl and scrolling with the paint menu open will scroll sideways.  If you have TMBI, holding ctrl will let you scroll vertically.  If you have Client_BrickScrolling (or TMBI version 3.0 Beta or newer), you can double tap and hold ctrl to trigger the mod.
Download: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20459676/Client_CtrlScroll.zip
(Note that this is included in Client_TMBI.  Having both doesn't hurt, but it doesn't do anything and might cause problems in future patches.)

4. Brick Scrolling
This is a mod made by Hata (483) aka tommibricksetti.  I have fixed a few minor issues and (with his permission) am including it with TMBI.  This mod lets you scroll between bricks within a brickgroup.  When paired with CtrlScrolling, you can double tap and hold the Ctrl key to enable this.
Download: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20459676/Client_BrickScrolling.zip

Thanks everyone and please be sure to report any and all issues back to me!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 10:21:03 AM by Nexus »

Omg yes. With the ctrl scrolling I'll start using TMBI and brick scroller.

These are some very epic mods. Amazing

I use the stuff outta that enter to send events :3

I downloaded both tmb and the file manager and suddenly my client stopped working, I couldn't go on singleplayer or host a multiplayer server.

I downloaded both tmb and the file manager and suddenly my client stopped working, I couldn't go on singleplayer or host a multiplayer server.

Can you give me a console log?  At what point does your game crash?

Can you give me a console log?  At what point does your game crash?
sorry here you go
when I take both out I can host fine again

sorry here you go
when I take both out I can host fine again

lol do you download every client mod you can find?  The problem is almost certainly some conflicting mods.  It is hard to tell what is causing your game to crash because it does so between "CREATING MISSION" and "Stage 1 create" at which point I don't think any client mods would be running.  At least TMBI and NFM should not.  I will look into it some more.  In the meantime, can you tell me if your game still crashes if you enter the following into console before starting a server.

Code: [Select]
deactivatepackage(tmbi);deactivatepackage(NARGFileManager);
Also it looks like you still have buildbot v2 or something ancient

If you can type trace(1); into console and get your game to crash, that would be the most helpful possible.

Alright well we looked into at and it looks like the problem is likely just having so many mods that his game ran into memory issues.  Disabling a couple of random old client mods fixed the issue.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 04:23:35 PM by Nexus »

The File Manager has been updated to version 1.3 Full
You can download it here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20459676/Client_NFM.zip
This includes a couple of minor fixes and changes, including:
 - Fix to file paste function for binary files
 - The User is now prompted when they attempt to save bricks with non default settings (can be disabled)
 - Users will now see the admin login gui when they try to load bricks on a server that they don't have admin in
 - Other minor changes

I'm also going to up the testing ante here.  I have a horde of game keys from past humble bundles, anyone that can find and report bugs or other issues in the file manager may pick a game key of their choosing (at my discretion).  This will probably be capped at like twentyish keys, or I can do some kind of raffle.

I'll probably also give keys to people who find bugs in TMBI too although I'm pretty sure that mod has a couple of minor issues still and I might wait until it goes out of beta before this offer applies to it.

Issues so far
File Manager
 - Overlapping text with long filenames [Honorabl3]
TMBI
 - Ghost brick resets when selecting same brick, clearing duplicator [K3k0m@n]
 - It is possible with vanilla build mode to have a desync between your inventory and what the server thinks your inventory is [K3k0m@n]
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 09:08:16 AM by Nexus »

- 1.3 update snip -

When tiles are in "Large" mode, the brickcount in the name says "???".

EDIT: Also in large mode, the text will overlap the line below if too long a name:

EDIT EDIT:

In medium size:

« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 04:57:10 AM by Honorabl3 »