Author Topic: Turret/On-board weaponry.  (Read 4976 times)

Had an idea, what if some vehicles had on-board weapons, like a cannon on a tank, or machine-guns on a fighter. And if you disable movement, voila! you have a turret!

I think this could be done rather quickly, I bet Ephialtes could code the whole thing with in an hour.

If you want it stationary, use a Static Shape with an oncollision to set you into "Turret Mode."

ALOSHI!
make a turret!
you can do it!
:P

*song and music cheerleader style*
Aloshi
Aloshi
he is our man
Aloshi
Aloshi
he is the man
Aloshi
Aloshi
YAY! Go Aloshi!
*music*

yeah. that would be good. especially for space builds where people are battling. someone an just hop into a turret and have a ball!

Ephialtese probably already made a tank and or turret, but like many things wont release it :P

god i wish he would release the damn tank
*paces floor waiting for tank*
GAH CANT WAIT ANY MORE!

I thought turrets where only possible with Engine Changes, which I think is correct. Unless you want to script the hell out of it... or maybe Badspot has added a turret code already.

The problem with a turret that doesn't move is that you can't move it off of a vehicle pad. So its pretty much stuck wherever you build it, and there would be places too small for you to build in.

Depends if you make it a vehicle or not...

An example: You could make it an "accessory" image and mount to slot two when you collide with something, and add very very slow movement speed by changing the datablock, and have it give you an uber gun when you become a "turret." I've already started working on a version of this method, I just don't have models and am using it as a slash command. Also, if you want it to spawn from a vehicle pad, you could change its class (I think).

The problem with a turret that doesn't move is that you can't move it off of a vehicle pad. So its pretty much stuck wherever you build it, and there would be places too small for you to build in.

That would be cool actually, I mean for a tank that wouldn't work, but for flak cannons and machine gun turrets that would work fine.  They would respawn after getting killed and all would be fine.

Yeah. But I was assuming people were talking about tiny machine gun turrets.

Now that I think about it, turrets should have a space cleared around them to keep them from getting hit by their own splash damage.

This would be pretty fun, and would probably give us a nice Variation to the standard Fort DM.

I want to see some ak-aks...