Author Topic: Guy stealing my identity  (Read 3741 times)

Actually it is illegal.

Generally if its just your username and someone being stupid with it, it doesn't matter. But if you were well known by that name by friends or family online, or your real name was attached to it, and someone used it for slander / libel or damaged you in some other way, there could be a case.

Of course that almost never happens with user names. But still.

Well not much in ONLINE gaming.  There really isn't any law for it...
Just real life...

If they hacked your account and took your CC info, Email, passoword, ect.  then yes. 

Just real life...

If they hacked your account and took your CC info, Email, passoword, ect.  then yes. 
You have no idea what you're talking about.
Of course you're the same person who said that I was going to jail for fraud lol.

You have no idea what you're talking about.
Of course you're the same person who said that I was going to jail for fraud lol.

You can... Internet Fraud.

If someone was paying/payed you like $10 for a exclusive admin on a forum, and they DID NOT give it to you, they can go to jail for fraud, BUT you have to report it to the LLC for fraud. 

My uncle works for the LLC, and he says this happens more on Facebook then anywhere else...

(Like you get admin if you pay me $100 a month)

Those were just examples.

-snip-

CinemaDen stole $39 from me. I threatened to report them to the Better Business Bureau and they refunded it. Couldn't persecute them, however.

Just real life...

It doesn't tend to happen in online gaming communities, but identity theft anywhere online is illegal. Again, just a username alone doesn't really mean much.

It doesn't tend to happen in online gaming communities, but identity theft anywhere online is illegal. Again, just a username alone doesn't really mean much.

You right about that...

IF its JUST a username... then its the siteowners/admins problem....

But I used to own an Xbox and my friend was scammed $50 worth of MS Points....

Family RPs are likely to get you trolled/flamed/raped/banned. Don't go to them.

You right about that...

IF its JUST a username... then its the siteowners/admins problem....

But I used to own an Xbox and my friend was scammed $50 worth of MS Points....
well that was his fault for doing somthing stuipd with his account/xbawx

I was on CASEY's Family RP once to make a video, so I chose one Family RP at random. First thing I see in the welcome message; "CASEY is the hottest person, and the richest in the rp."
I continued anyways. When I got on a made a hotdog stand as a part of my video and then proceeded to record people reactions to buying a hotdog. Random video, yes. I guess you could say I sort of spammed the chat, I said something like "Get yo hotdogs here!" about 20 times over a course of 30 minutes. Anyways, somewhere in-between that CASEY comes up to me, and rather than asking for a hotdog, she just fire wands my radio and says something like "No music allowed."

Not a big deal, but some guy behind me was making a music stage and he wanted the radio. When the music was gone he cleared his bricks, which sucked because the crowd I wanted for my hotdog stand left and the video was ruined.

CASEY's Family RP is known as a crappy server, don't go there.

CASEY's Family RP is known as a crappy server, don't go there.
AGREED!

Actually it is illegal.

Generally if its just your username and someone being stupid with it, it doesn't matter. But if you were well known by that name by friends or family online, or your real name was attached to it, and someone used it for slander / libel or damaged you in some other way, there could be a case.

Of course that almost never happens with user names. But still.

So your saying the thousands of people that use your name on Blockland doesn't count?